Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing Rockaldll.dll File

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KyBunnies

KyBunnies

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:12 AM

I installed Age of Mythology for my son. The computer has Windows 7 personal. This is a netbook from Dell. After installing the game I keep receiving an error stating that the computer is missing Rockaldll.dll file. I attempted to search Bing (no not a fan of Google) and all I found was ad's wanting me to download something guaranteed to fix the problem. Well in my experience when dealing with computer nothing is guaranteed especially with a download except getting malware or a virus. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem. He is just wants to play the games. I uninstalled the game, restarted and installed again. Same error. I know this is an old game but he loves the Age of Empire series of games and has played them since he was 10 years old. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated. If you need additional information please provide me with detail instructions. Sorry I am a novice when it comes to computers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:42 AM

Hi KyBunnies :)

From what I can find online, the rockaldll.dll file is a .dll file that belongs to Age of Empire/Age of Mythology. Therefore, if it's not present on the system even if you reinstall the program, it means that it might be missing from the installation media. Did you explore the CD to see if you could find that file? Did you check with your security software (Antivirus, Antimalware) to see if they don't detect and quarantine the file?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 KyBunnies

KyBunnies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:02 AM

HI Aura

No I did not explore the CD but I will. I know I installed the same game on my personal/work laptop and it worked fine. But when I try and install it on my son's netbook it will not work. I thought something was wrong with his computer. I think the file is on the CD or something similar. I found RockAL_1.DLL I do not know if it is the same file but that is all I can find. I even searched the files on the cd but nothing else came up.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:12 AM

What Antivirus, Antimalware, Firewall and other security software are installed on that laptop?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 KyBunnies

KyBunnies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:21 AM

Antivirus is MS Security Essentials. The firewall is what came with Windows 7. I also have Malwarebytes installed. Other than those nothing else.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:23 AM

I would uninstall Age of Mythology, disable Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes, then install the program again and without enabling them, launch the game to see if it works.

unite_blue.png

#7 KyBunnies

KyBunnies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:25 AM

Okay I will try that and get back with you. I will be leaving for work shortly so I will not be able to tell you anything until late tonight. Sorry. I will reply either late tonight or tomorrow. Thank you for the help you have provided.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users