Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

usb mouses not working when connected

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sploog321

Sploog321

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:07 AM

both my wired and wireless usb mouses do not work when plugged into my laptop.

The mouse drivers install properly, but I cannot move the curse or left/right click anything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vershamittal

vershamittal

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:15 AM

Check your mouse and usb port of the laptop. Also reinstall your drivers. Is your laptop is compatible with the usb mouse?

#3 Sploog321

Sploog321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:16 AM

Check your mouse and usb port of the laptop. Also reinstall your drivers. Is your laptop is compatible with the usb mouse?

I've used every usb slot on my laptop and each slot had installed the mouse drivers successfully.

#4 AlicePhoebe

AlicePhoebe

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:42 AM

Unplug the mouse, then do a system restore to an even earlier point than the one you originally chose, if you have restore points going back that far.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:15 AM

Do you have a USB device (flash drive, external hard drive, cell phone which has USB capability)?

If you do, plug it in and see if the device will work and can be accessed. This will at least let you know the USB ports are working correctly.

Also, please post manufacturer/model number of your laptop, what operating system it uses and manufacturer/model number of the wired and wireless mouse.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 January 2016 - 10:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users