Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Confused about Windows Server or Linux

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shaoor

Shaoor

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:52 AM

I have a new website and needs a Best Web Hosting provider. I am little bit of confused of Linux Web Hosting or Windows one.

I need Security and Reliability at any cost.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:08 PM

They are both about the same as far as security goes mate so something like wordpress is cheap and easily managed but watch out for what plugins you use.

Also lets not debate about Linux being secure because its simply not and subject to the same level as exploitation as any Windows server, what exploits them? Plugins leveraging a R00t privilege!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users