Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tried changing from an hdd to ssd

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Newb33

Newb33

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:28 PM

Mobo asus h97m-e, cpu intel i7 4790, ram 8gb kingston hyper fury, 1tb hdd wd blue 120 ssd kingston hyperx savage.
Bought the ssd and followed instructions from acronis to clone the hdd. When booting afterwards the monitor was blinking nonstop.
Connected the hdd and booted with it and was back to normal formatted ssd and now i cant clone with acronis cause the code given was for one use only :'(
Any idea how i can do with the ssd even after cloning woth some other programme?
Also after some attempts of various things the computer freezes up where the mobo shows up and i cant access bios now. Tried resetting removing battery and the thing with the jumper

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:45 AM

I'm not clear what the situation is with a once-only code for Acronis, but Western Digital supply a limited Special Edition of Acronis TrueImage for use with their drives, you should be able to use it to clone:

http://supportdownloads.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?p=119&lang=en

For the system now freezing, try starting up without the hard drive connected, see if you can enter the BIOS setup normally. If you can, that suggests a hard drive problem, were you noticing any crankiness with the hard drive that helped you decide to try the SSD?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Newb33

Newb33
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:59 AM

I just built it three weeks ago (everything new) and there were no problems with it at all.
I bought an ssd just because i wanted to see how much faster it goes...
Even without the hard drive the problem keeps up

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:33 AM

Also after some attempts of various things

Knowing what this involves could help with diagnosis.

Generally, double check nothing has become dislodged when swapping drives in & out, then continue eliminating connected devices. If that board gives BIOS beep codes for error conditions, is there something to reproduce them? Doesn't look like there's a beeper on the board.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 Newb33

Newb33
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:23 AM

Got it to a tech and told me it was some issue with the mobo. I changed it for a new one and everything is back to normal
Now i need to clone the hdd to the ssd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users