Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i need a laptop for running FSX with three external displays

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FlyerX

FlyerX

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:11 PM

Hi guys!

i need to build a Flight simulators with al the bells and whistles, i will use the sytek products

the only computer i rely and trust for doing the job is the Elitebook series, i want something solid and robust, something reliable, even if it does not provide me the best graphics, what i want is to run FSX in it, the configuration of controls is another subject, for now i need to know how to attach 3 4k displays to a Elitebook.

in hands i have an Elitebook8460p, but if necessary i can go up to a 8470p/w

the displays has VGA, HDMI and DVI, i prefer DVI.

i have heard there is an adapter that goes to the display port of the laptop and then gives me upt to 6 or more hdmi outputs that can be handle individually.

id like to do that but with DVI ports.

with docking station, until now, i only could have two monitors (not counting the laptop display)  one in the VGA port and another in the DVI

i need suggestions, parts i need and your experience!i need a la

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:26 PM

Don't think an elite book can handle 3 4k displays, I would look into a desktop.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 FlyerX

FlyerX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:20 PM

Don't think an elite book can handle 3 4k displays, I would look into a desktop.

i have a nc6400 which is 6 or 7 gen older than the elitebook and it hhas 3 displays attached, it has not the power for a game that cou8ld take the juice form those displays but web designs heavy office multitasking heavy web surfing runs smooth

we already set up the elitebook with 10gb ram and it run fsx smooth, with a extension adpater connected to the displayport, i dont remember the name of the device, everybody in the office sis impressed how the laptop runs all that stuff....

now the problem is...

they bought sitek instead elite pro.... and honestly i hate saitek product, too complicated and not worth the price...

now i am dealing how to configure the isntruments... it is incredible that an amateour hardware is WAY more difficult to set up than a professional one

if anybody has experience setting up saitek.. please help me

#4 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:43 PM

Unless you are using HDMI 2.0 you won't be able to run 4k off vga, dvi and hdmi.
Does the flight simulator have recommended specs?

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 FlyerX

FlyerX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:16 PM

for sure.. but i dont remember it

anyway fsx unless you use plguings will not runn at 4k.. but i really dont care, the main screen is runiing at 3900x??? i dont remember the exat number the other two screens are runnign at 1920x1280

i am ok with the resolution...

with each graphic option at full, it runs like a real life vdeo smoothness...
the computer part has been solved *thats why i trust so much in the elitebook, not falling in to the fanatic side... it just the busniness line of laptops from hp always save my ass when i need reliable hassles free solutions

now i guess i have to change to another forum subjet or something like that..
because what is giving me headaches now are the saitek products....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users