Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming desktop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tful92

tful92

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:50 AM

Hi all - I'm looking to buy a gaming desktop - and I think I have found a perfect one but would love a second or third opinion.

http://www.cclonline.com/pc-range/GAME-ELITE/GAME-ELITE020000010202/

it seems like a good price for what it is (or am I missing something??)

I'm a complete novice when it comes to gaming computers so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 January 2016 - 10:42 AM.
moved from Computer Gaming

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:47 PM

It's not a bad rig for what you want, however you would save a bit of money building it yourself rather than buying it outright like that. I placed every part into this configuration substituting a few that weren't specified and the price still came under what was listed.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VCXf3C

To save you the currency conversion: $549.69=502.78 euro

#3 Mac29

Mac29

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:42 PM

I don't think that's a bad buy. The chip is good, the ram speed is too. Card isn't bad. You get a GB mobo and enough USB 3.0 ports. Chipset is basic I think but don't know if they cheap out on the PSU. But with a 3 yr warranty - w/covers the drive and everything else it seems reasonable. Still, you could always save and build yourself. I know some who've taken that route for years that now don't bother but I wouldn't if I were getting dell quality parts inside. Nice looking case by the way.

I would do a bit of research as to their warranty, what other's experience has been.

#4 raymac46

raymac46

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:49 PM

Ticks most of the boxes for me. Solid CPU and GPU. Power supply looks adequate. Gigabyte is a good motherboard maker. You should be able to run a lot of games at full screen 1080p resolution with (say) a 24 inch monitor.

#5 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,354 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:11 PM

It's interesting

Thanks for the help...

That gaming desktop looks good. Good processor, good graphics at a reasonable price. However, as post #3 says building your pc will get you more for less. Your choice.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#6 awesomeoverload

awesomeoverload

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:14 AM

I hope, I'm not really late for this reply. Anyway, I guess for a gaming laptop, I agree with you. Everything is in there as requirements for a gaming laptop. Good graphics, processor and very reasonable price. By the way, see to it also that  the  video card must have its own memory on board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users