Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Need a copy of Format Factory to work with video files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:50 PM

Does anyone have a copy of Format Factory that you could send to me.  I do our churches web site and have used that program for seven years.  I am able to create FLV files from the video we take at church.  From there I have been able to stitch together the VTS files that were were created and have one file that I can send online to Vimeo to create a code to use on our website.  The site is fbcarmi.com.  I am not really educated in video creation or web site creation.

If someone knows of another program that would do what the Format Factory does, I would sure appreciate it.  My computer crashed last night and I've been rebuilding it ever since.  I am able to find Format Factory online but when I try to download it I am getting the message that the download has failed.

Thanks for any and all help and suggestions.

Steve Bell

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TangoKiloRomeoZulu

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:26 PM

Have you tried downloading it from an alternate location such as FileHippo?  Personally, I'm partial to Handbrake for video conversion, but to each their own. I'm curious to see if you're able to complete one of the above downloads - if not there may be some networking issues on your end.

#3 Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:02 AM

I didn't download the whole thing, but the official download link does seem to be working for me.

If you are just downloading it using your webbrowser, I'd suggest you install a download-manager instead, as you will get less failed downloads that way. Personally I like Orbit Downloader, though it does display advertisements :(. WxDownloadFast is also good.

#4 JazzMahn

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:25 AM

I have tried both File Hippo and the Format Factory Web Page for the Download.  I keep getting the same message that the file is corrupted and can't be downloaded. 
I would be glad to pay if someone could copy me on a CD or DVD the Format Factory Program and send it to me.  Like I said I've learned to use it but have looked at
other programs but just don't have enough video background to change to anything else.
My address is:  (deleted)

You have no idea what a blessing it would be if I could get a copy of that program.  Thanks in advance for all of your advice and response.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 26 January 2016 - 09:20 AM.
deleted personal information

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users