Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pc doesn't boot

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 unlimitedd

unlimitedd

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:42 PM

Last night my computer went while in use to a black screen and nothing responded anymore.

After turning it off it wouldn't go on anymore, i removed the cables, drained the power and tried again.

At this point the pc does start but nothing works (black screen once again) and keeps rebooting after about 30sec.

The fans are spinning but not hearing any beeps.

I tried removing ram, only 1 ram, the videocard, hdds and dvd player and no cigar.

Does anyone know whats wrong? I'm thinking psu or mobo at this point but since the pc is powered for over 30secs its likely not the psu.

Thanks in advance.

specs:

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 
Kentsfield 65nm Technology
RAM
4,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. G41MT-ES2L (Socket 775)
Graphics
L222W (1680x1050@60Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5570 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Hard Drives
466GB Seagate ST3500830AS ATA Device (SATA)
466GB Seagate ST3500830AS ATA Device (SATA) 
Optical Drives
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H31N ATA Device
Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CyberSec_ET

CyberSec_ET

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:51 PM

How to possibly fix a PC that will turn on but will not beep and will not display anything on screen

#3 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:28 PM

can you try the monitor with a different PC?

the hardware you have is quite robust. i would power down, reset the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery for a few minutes and putting it back in...and make sure everything is in place and power up...press f8 for boot options ---->safe mode and see what happens....this could be A RAM-related BSOD that happened so fast you didn't see it, and you have to change the boot option settings to not reboot on BSOD.error...i think it defaults to reboot on BSOD, which prevents the user from having to power it down with the power button, which could corrupt the windows OS

i found this support info on your mobo..i worked on a gigabyte mobo last week, it was a refreshing change from my old ASUS getups

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3471#ov

Edited by synergy513, 26 January 2016 - 05:31 PM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#4 unlimitedd

unlimitedd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I declared my mobo dead after ruling out psu and processor.(monitor is also fine) I did not knew about the bsod on startup, i will try it and let you know if it worked.

#5 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:41 PM

form what i know about gigabyte mobos, they are quite reliable and sport some really nice functionality and capabilities. compared to my ASUS 775 anyway

Edited by synergy513, 26 January 2016 - 05:43 PM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#6 unlimitedd

unlimitedd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:57 PM

After all the help and a tech savy friend my pc is declared dead, thanks for the replies guys.

Time to join the current age and just get a new rig. (should have done that years ago)

Last thing i have to add is that gigabyte is very reliable and surely did its job, pc was on 24/7 so it has surely been taxed.

Thanks once again and this can be graved :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users