Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Windows 10 is slow. Is the answer Roxio?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 <--ThisGuy

<--ThisGuy

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:29 PM

Hello All! My Windows 10 is slow. It really shows in my touch pad speed at times. The problem began after I upgraded from windows 7 to 10. I immediately noticed that my Roxio DVD burner said that my subscription was no longer active. (It came installed on the computer and I've used it for 4 years. (Also: I have updated all drivers, firmware, and windows updates)

I have run malwarebytes, superantispyware, clceaner, vipre managed antivirus, and every other thing I can think of. Something is slowing my computer down. I admit that CMD: sfc /scannow has helped with the problem, but I was watching my CPU processes afterward and it spiked to 30% I was running a malwarebytes scan at the time, so I'm not sure if that caused it to spike an extra 25%. 

I feel like if I don't get this resolved I will uninstall my antivirus, run combofix, and reinstall the antivirus. 

Roxio is still on the pc. Could it be slowing it down? Is there a way to get my Roxio DVD burner back? I feel like I got hosed. Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:54 PM

How much RAM do you have?  I ended up adding RAM when I upgraded because 10 seems to need more.  You haven't given any details about your configuration for us to help you with.  One thing that can really help in addition to adding RAM is to put Windows 10 on an SSD.  You can buy 240 GB ones for as little as $65 USD.

I use Nero and not Roxio, but I don't know of any reason Roxio would be causing performance problems.

Good luck.

Edited by Niweg, 26 January 2016 - 12:55 PM.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:48 PM

I have Windows 10 and Roxio and they work very well together.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users