Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes when RAM usage increases to above 90% while downloading 500mb+

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kusai

Kusai

• Banned
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:10 PM

Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate(32 Bit)

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+ 2.00 GHz

2.00 GB RAM (Bought days ago)

When I try to download from firefox or from my download managers letmeatit and freemake, the ram usage increases to 90%+ over a period of mere 2-3 hours.. This has been bugging me since some months and I tried searching the internet but to no avail.. My System is protected by Avast and there are NO viruses OR MALWARES OR SPYWARES as I have Malwarebytes installed as well and the reports come out as CLEAN.. I also installed Super Antispyware just to be sure and the results are clean in it as well...

WISE MEMORY OPTIMISER DOES the TRICK FOR ME for a short amount of time but still the problem persists...

As in yesterday when I was downloading a PPV worth 8 GB from the WWE Network through letmeatit, the Ram usage started to fill up and reached 70%, I then downloaded wise memory optimiser in fear and to my surprise after optimising the usage dropped to 56% and the downloading was on without interruption.. So whenever the ram usage increased in 2 hours or so, I ran the optimiser and why wouldn't I as without the optimiser my download wouldnt have even completed and the computer would have froze..and I noticed the KERNEL NON PAGED MEMORY WAS in 1000's in about 13+ hours.. My computer was downloading continuously for 17 hours but I had to run the optimiser every 2 hours to prevent freezing...

Is it anything about the virtual memory :scratchhead: ??? I checked the task manager and resource monitor every hour and the processes and all were normal to my understanding.. :lol:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:51 PM

Hi Kusai ^_^,

Could you please open up Task Manager and then post back a screenshot of the RAM usage sorted in descending order? Do this when the Task Manager shows you that the RAM usage is pretty high.

When the RAM usage increases above a fixed percentage, Windows starts using the Hard Disk as a substitute for RAM which causes a pretty significant drop in the performance.

Also, could you please upload the ZIP file generated by the below tool?

https://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/

Once the tool completes, it will generate a ZIP file on the desktop. Please upload that file to a 3rd party file hoster like MediaFire, OneDrive etc and post the link here.

Let me know in case of any problems ^_^

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#3 Kusai

Kusai
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:42 PM

Hi Kusai ^_^,

Could you please open up Task Manager and then post back a screenshot of the RAM usage sorted in descending order? Do this when the Task Manager shows you that the RAM usage is pretty high.

When the RAM usage increases above a fixed percentage, Windows starts using the Hard Disk as a substitute for RAM which causes a pretty significant drop in the performance.

Also, could you please upload the ZIP file generated by the below tool?

https://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/

Once the tool completes, it will generate a ZIP file on the desktop. Please upload that file to a 3rd party file hoster like MediaFire, OneDrive etc and post the link here.

Let me know in case of any problems ^_^

-Pranav

Thank you for your response Pranav :lol: I will do the same... :workout:

#4 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:06 AM

Sure thing. Let me know how it goes :)

-Pranav

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#5 Kusai

Kusai
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:20 PM

Hey fellas, Finally I nailed it .. :guitar: The culprit was AVAST.. After uninstalling it the non paged memory was just fine.. I have now installed AVG... Yay :grinner: Thanks anyways for the help amigos...

#6 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:13 AM

Hey fellas, Finally I nailed it .. :guitar: The culprit was AVAST.. After uninstalling it the non paged memory was just fine.. I have now installed AVG... Yay :grinner: Thanks anyways for the help amigos...

Thanks a lot for letting us know what solved your problem :)

-Pranav

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users