Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Recommend Good Screen Capture Tool, Windows

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,932 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:02 PM

Hello All,

I am very disappointed with the quality of the print screen function that is native to Windows 10, and I am looking for a nice quality tool that can take some high resolution screen captures of my desktop and windows. In Linux I use a tool called Shutter which works perfectly and wonderfully. I am looking for something similar for Windows, and nothing to crazy expensive.

Thanks in advance,

Rocky Bennett

Edited by Queen-Evie, 27 January 2016 - 11:08 AM.
moved from Audio and Video to All Other Applications

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:10 PM

Use the Snipping tool. I am not sure if it will meet your needs though. Was this the print screen function you mentioned?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/open-snipping-tool-and-take-a-screenshot

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:24 PM

The best screenshot program with multiple features that allow you to do anything you want in my opinion in ShareX.

https://getsharex.com/

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:28 PM

I use Greenshot in Windows.  It doesn't work under Wine so I am forced to use Shutter in Linux.  To me, I find it's superior to Shutter.  As mentioned by Aura, ShareX is another good screenshot program.

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,932 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:33 PM

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

JohnC, thanks, I didn't even know about that snipping tool, I will try that.

Aura and Agouti, thanks for the recommendations. I will look at both of those tools.

Thanks all.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#6 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:52 PM

I like PicPick.

I did try ShareX, but find it a bit too complicated for what most people need to do with screenshots. A bit buggy as well.

PicPick has a lot of features similar to ShareX, but much simpler. But, I do agree ShareX is very complete.

#7 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:09 AM

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

JohnC, thanks, I didn't even know about that snipping tool, I will try that.

Aura and Agouti, thanks for the recommendations. I will look at both of those tools.

Thanks all.

You're welcome.

I am curious.  What does screen capture have to do with the audio and video?

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:13 AM

Rocky just posted this thread in the wrong section. I reported it so a Moderator can move it in the All Other Applications section.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#9 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,932 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:01 PM

Thanks Aura, my logic was skewed when I chose this section. Also I chose ShareX as my screen capture tool and I really like it. Thanks to all who have posted.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:22 PM

All good :)

And glad to see that you like ShareX, it really is a must have program for me :P

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#11 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:37 PM

Thanks Aura, my logic was skewed when I chose this section. Also I chose ShareX as my screen capture tool and I really like it. Thanks to all who have posted.

Ahh... Yes, I understand now.  And yes, ShareX is one of the best screen capture tools around.  Glad you like it.

#12 constanswhite

constanswhite

• Banned Spammer
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:53 AM

I'm using this tool. It interface is very broad with various screenshot modes on it. It's easy to perform.

#13 texaz1956

texaz1956

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:37 PM

The program that was endorsed by Bleeping Computers as soon as I logged on has worked great for me. "A Thousand Words" has helped me several times to copy just the pop up window that you get showing you the results of troubleshooting and other things. It really is a good tool.

Barb M.

#14 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,932 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:04 PM

Is there anyway that I can do a screen capture of my Grub Boot loader? There are certain things that change on my Boot loader on a regular basis and I would like to capture these changes with a screen shot.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#15 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:06 PM

Unless you find a way to install a screenshot software in the GRUB environment, you'll have to take pictures with a camera or your cellphone. So no, I don't think that you can.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users