Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LevelOne KVM-0260 problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hans Strahle

Hans Strahle

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:06 PM

I have one WinXP and one Win10 PC which I had connected to a LevelOne KVM-0260. I have a Logitech EX-110 keyboard and mouse combo and it worked well when it worked. The problem was that any of the machines could drop the Logitech drivers and the mouse stopped working while the keyboard continued to work. They both became standard HID units rather than Logitech HID and lost some or all of their fuctionality. There was a lot of problems getting the correct drivers back so I decided to buy a Microsoft keyboard and mouse, Desktop 850, to see if the problem would go away. Now when I connect the dongle into the purple (keyboard) USB connector of the KVM Windows doesn't detect it at all. I have tried the black USB but the result is the same. Does anyone know how to make this work?

United we stand, divided we fall.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hans Strahle

Hans Strahle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:22 PM

I have done some testing and this is the situation: I moved the dongle from the purple into the black USB receptacle of the KVM and now the keyboard and mouse work flawlessly but I can't switch port. The manual states very clearly that for the switching to function you have to connect to the purple USB. Now I have connected the Logitech EX-110 keyboard into the purple USB and use it for the switching. I have sent a question to LevelOne about this and we'll see what the reply will be but for time being I'm stuck with two keyboard. Anyone out there who has an idea what this might be?

United we stand, divided we fall.

#3 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,354 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:41 AM

Broken kvm would be my guess.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4 tealover

tealover

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:37 AM

KVM's only work with a wired keyboard and mouse Do you have these?

Hope this helps.

#5 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,354 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:22 PM

KVM's only work with a wired keyboard and mouse Do you have these?

Hope this helps.

Maybe it depends on the kvm, but i've always been able to use wireless mice and keyboards no problem.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#6 tealover

tealover

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:19 AM

I now have a 2 port USB KVM Switch from aqprox.

I can switch between an AMD64 7 year old desktop running Ubuntu and a 3 year old desktop running Win 8.1. I use a Microsoft Wireless 850 Desktop combo.If connected wirelessly II can only switch computers by pressing the frontal button on the KVM.

If I connect with a USB keyboard and a USB mouse I can use hotkeys for switching computers along with pressing the frontal button

I hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users