Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brave Browser

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:57 PM

Has anyone given it a try, sounds interesting.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,324 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:19 PM

One comment from the web:  Is the ad-blocking Brave browser too good to be true? - CNET

Online advertisements track your every move around the Web, slow down the loading time of pages, and some carry the risk of infecting your computer with malware. No wonder ad-blocking software is growing in popularity. But what if a browser could automatically block ads to protect your privacy?

That's the promise of Brave, a new Web browser currently in beta testing. But there's a twist to the privacy protection -- it puts its own "better" ads in place of the ones it blocks. Watch CNET Update above to learn what it plans to do with that ad revenue -- if it ever gets enough users. (red highlighting is mine)

Edited by buddy215, 25 January 2016 - 01:26 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 ljohnson588

ljohnson588

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:20 PM

I have never heard of this browser. Do you have any additional info you can share about this browser?

#4 MoxieMomma

MoxieMomma

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:44 PM

Hi:

I have never heard of this browser. Do you have any additional info you can share about this browser?

The former CEO of Mozilla is launching a web browser that blocks all ads by default

Cheers,

MM

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:56 PM

Pass. This guy has an uphill battle to make Brave viable, never mind profitable. There's plenty of competition in the browser market and many users just want to block ads. He's trying to characterize the current options like uBlock as complicated. But they aren't really. So I'm not buying his pitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users