Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Festus16

Festus16

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:29 AM

I have windows 7 and am looking for an action game that can be played by using only the mouse.  There used to be games like Doom and Wolfenstein that could be played this way but cannot find one now.  Have checked with Gamestop and they laughed at me.

Also, if this is not possible, then I would purchase an old computer and put windows xp on it in order to play the games like that, is that something that can be done with little problem?

Edited by hamluis, 25 January 2016 - 10:17 AM.
Moved from Introductions to Computer Gaming - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:03 AM

Just curious, why are you looking for an action game that only uses the mouse? Most (if not all) action games nowadays require the keyboard as well, mainly for movement and such.

#3 Festus16

Festus16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:18 PM

At 78 yrs old have lost a lot of coordination due to health problems.  Just want to be able to shoot some bad guys with the mouse.  Thanks for the reply.

#4 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:45 PM

I'm afraid most (I have yet to encounter one that does not) modern shooters - whether they are FPS or TPS - require the keyboard in some way. Movement, weapon selection, special abilities etc.

If you want minimal interaction with the keyboard then I would suggest games that does not employ item interaction system like Halo: Combat Evolved (you only use the keyboard to move and select weapons IIRC), but I cannot think of any shooter that exclude the keyboard completely.

#5 Festus16

Festus16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:18 PM

Thank you

#6 jeannesamson

jeannesamson

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:33 AM

Avadon: The Black Fortress, Torchlight I and II and Dragon Age Origins are extremeyl mouse friendly games. You can check them out.

#7 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:43 AM

You can get a mouse with more than the standard buttons. Since you can not operate the keyboard at the same time there are a number of mice out there that have like 15 - 20 buttons on them plus the scroll wheel.

Logitech Gaming Mice - G5/600 and G700 have the most buttons

Razer Gaming Mice - Naga series has the most buttons

#8 Festus16

Festus16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:36 PM

Thank you both for your replies.  That helps a lot.

#9 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:09 PM

You're welcome. Good luck!

#10 ToNaTt346

ToNaTt346

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:41 AM

I can tell you all are old school, Man I remember the graphics now changed, and still changes.

#11 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:16 AM

If your in Rpgs/action may i suggest torchlight 1 and 2, fate, a game just brought called divine divinity.  torchlight and divine divinity can be purchased from steam per the steam game client and fate through orb tangent and i believe a bunch of mouse games in that. and I believe dungeon siege 1 and 2 are mouse games with very little keyboard use.

Edited by Sabastiondoggie, 03 June 2016 - 07:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users