Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Portable USB Windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:41 AM

I am using the following things 

Universal USB Installer 

Hard Disk partitioned in 2 drives (78 GB Each)

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional X64 Incl Update Jan 2016 - Freeware Sys 

ok , So i first used universal USB Installer to install into one of the drives and it didn't work as it was formatted in (FTA32 Format)

and then i formatted the drive into NTFS and then tried to install with the help of the above mentioned problem (Luckily it worked but there was an error )

Setup does not support configuration of or installation to disk connected through USB or IEEE 1394 port

What i am trying to do here is make a bootable hard drive which is use wherever i want to and while installing it shows only options of Main Operation System (Drive 0) and Drive 1 but i am not able to install this windows in Drive 1 (This drive is for HARD DISK 

In short i plan on using that external drive across multiple computers to boot from

Note : I am not willing to use Rufus as it makes our pendrive / harddisk write protected and we cannot write it anymore.

Thanks,

Knight_Rider

Edited by Knight_Rider, 25 January 2016 - 05:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:43 AM

Is this a legal copy of Windows?

#3 Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:55 AM

Nope , Used torrent but i got key. My CD Rom is bleeped up.

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:01 AM

From the Forum Rules...

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

#5 Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:58 AM

Okay then , I already have windows 8.1 activated as my main operating system and i plan on using on external drive across multiple computers to boot from and there is already an iso image of original system.

#6 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:39 AM

You mean use a single operating system on multiple computers?  If this is a consumer license it cannot be use on multiple computers.  The following can be found in Microsoft's Volume Licensing Brief...

The Windows client operating system license terms do not permit multiple users to access or otherwise use one licensed copy of the software simultaneously.

#7 Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:49 AM

The Windows client operating system license terms do not permit multiple users to access or otherwise use one licensed copy of the software simultaneously.

i got key

You mean this? I'm talking about the .iso file 

#8 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:52 AM

Do you have a Volume License?

#9 Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider