Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Starcraft 1 blocked port Battle.net

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alley Cat

Alley Cat

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:47 AM

3 months ago, I have dusted off my Starcraft BattleChest casing.

Trying to play Starcraft 1 for the first time in many years.  However now UDP port 6112 is blocked.

I forwarded the port in my router and otherwise searched for a solution.  Nothing works.  Even stranger, I just noticed that port 6112 is not even blocking in my firewall logs when I open Battle.Net

So the port is opened, else an error would have been logged.

Ultimatelly, I want to run Starcraft on my 2 laptops, a little LAN warfare. Both laptops are running Windows 7, 64bit.

Edited by Alley Cat, 25 January 2016 - 01:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Atomic77

Atomic77

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:13 PM

hmm I believe Original StarCraft is not really compatable with the newer operating systems. You will probably have better luck with StarCraft 2. By the way what are the specs of the Laptops if that helps any.

ATOMIC77

​GEEKED AT BIRTH

#3 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:53 PM

Try running sc in compatibility mode. I would also recommend closing that port, as the port issue is probably on your PC rather than router - the only time you need to open ports on your router is if you are running some sort of server.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users