Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Incoming Phone Call Popup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lunar_wolf_akira

lunar_wolf_akira

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 28 July 2006 - 05:30 PM

Hi, I don't know if anyone is going to be able to help me with this, but it's worth a try... I just reformatted my computer last night (I'm running Windows XP), and am having to reinstall all the programs I had on here... we've been using Juno 4.0 (Platinum) as our dial-up service provider for years now, so I went ahead and used the same installation disk I always use... since we have dial-up, my family is also subscribed to CallWave Messenger, which normally takes all our incoming calls while we are online... I had to download this again, as well... anyway, now everytime someone calls while I am online, I get a popup like the one below:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/setokaiba/phone.png

Just so you know, I have not signed up for the service level that lets you take calls while online, and I highly doubt that CallWave has added this as a free feature, since the computer in our living room does not do this... that, and there is really no indication that CallWave is behind it - no logo, etc on the popup... the only programs I have downloaded thus far are GetRight Download Accelerator and a registry cleaner, both of which I have used before... I did not agree to any other installations, and do not want to be charged for something I never signed up for...

Does anyone know where these alerts are coming from - I have never had them before, and they are actually kind of annoying, seeing as how it disconnects me everytime someone calls... any and all help would be greatly appreciated - if the link to the screenie I took does not work, please say so, and I'll post the actual message... thank you very much, and happy surfing!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 08:00 AM

Hi lunar_wolf_akira.
Your image looks like a standard windows type notification or more along those lines.
I haven't used dial-up for years but would look in my modem properties and also connection properties settings. Specifcly, a call notification setting. If you post modem make and model it may help.
My memory of dial-up settings is very vague.

Edited by HitSquad, 29 July 2006 - 08:02 AM.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:34 PM

I think this might have to do with your modem event settings, though it might be something else. I'll look into it when I get home where I have dial-up. I seem to remember something about that option and refusing it.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:45 AM

Okay, this might be the answer to your messages.

:flowers: Open Control Panel
:inlove: Click on Network and Internet Connections
:cool: Near the top on the left side, you'll see "Phone and modem option" click on it.
:thumbsup: Now click on the advanced tab at the top of the window that comes up.
:trumpet: Click on Microsoft H.323 Telephony Service Provider if it isn't highlighted.
:) Now, click on "configure" near the bottom right of the little window
:) Check to see if the little box between the telephone icon and "Use H.323 Gateway" has a check.
B) If it does, uncheck it and your messages will go away. If it doesn't, something else is causing the messages.

Hope this helps,

Orange Blossom :)

Edited by Orange Blossom, 01 August 2006 - 11:13 AM.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users