Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Device Blocked For your Safety.. Ransomeware.. Android..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Restoman

Restoman

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:02 PM

Mod Edit:  Per OP request, deleted previous posts originally in different OP's topic - Hamluis.

:killcomp: ... So   Hi  and thanks in advance for any time you all take to help me resolve this issue.. 
  I have a Samsung Note 10.1 tablet.. 2012  new old stock.. running 4.2.1

I am not sure if it automatically backs up to my family photos and docs to my Samsung account nor Google account as I am pretty old skool and just use it for facebook ebay and keeping family photos on.. 

This morn I was watching funny flicks on various links through Facebook when it jammed on to a series of popup flick sites adds some of which were not of a moderate nature and as I closed them they became faster and faster so I finally could not close and it seemed to be trying to download ..

I pulled the modem out of the wall and switched off the tablet .. I left it for some hours and after lunch flicked it back on .. there was a you have been blocked warning..   never seen this before .. but on research I know enough to recognize it as a ransom-ware..

I use old skool Mac and not dialed in to Windows.. .. I have searched about this forum and found some posts and help links and advice ...  but they are old and seem out of date with dead links ..

I have followed some online advice but have neither resolved nor seemingly have I made it any worse.. We seriously will be devastated I and the family loose any files vids or photos.. as I said not sure it they are backed up..   

Its seems I need to start up in safe reboot as IN (starting it up whilst holding the volume control in the full up position)   Please correct me if this is wrong ,, ?  and then gain assistance in removal of issue or at least export files and docs then perhaps reboot but have only old mac that does not run Samsung Keis nor is compatible with the Galaxy note 10.1..  

So Having started in safe mode   do I run a Reboot System Action now and if so will this buy me time to export files and back up... Or will a Reboot affect my files.. Or even get rid of issue Virus ..Or Which of the other options should I choose..

Reboot System
Apply update fromADB
Apply Update from external Storage
Wipe Data/factory reset.
Wipe cache partition
Apply update from Cache ????

I will post a screen shot  ..If  someone can advise how to upload and share images...

My deepest thanks to anyone that can relay basic layman's terms resolve that I may be able to follow to regain a sense of normality ..!

I feel there may be need to wipe and do a factory restore but hopefully only after saving my files?  this will surely be a last resort .. regards  RM

Edited by hamluis, 25 January 2016 - 11:18 AM.
Merged posts to new topic - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Restoman

Restoman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:40 AM

Thanks Mod for your help in Trimming this Tread..  :clapping:

#3 Restoman

Restoman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:49 PM

Hi all ... Sadly I still have this ongoing issue and am holding my breath for any advice..

I have run the tablet in safety mode but dont wish to earse any files .

I have followed several lines of advice found on the net but dont wish to excute the factory reset unless I can be sure of backed up of files..

If anyone knows how to remove Ransomware without loosing files it would be most appreciated.. many thanks..

Edited by Restoman, 28 January 2016 - 05:50 PM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:56 PM

Moved to general securiy
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users