Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2010 emails and I can't access search how to stop indexing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LuAnne123

LuAnne123

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:06 PM

Windows 7 64 Professional- Indexing my Outlook 2010 emails and I can't access search for old emails- how do i get it to stop indexing email.

Everything was fine. I have Outlook 2010 and windows 7 professional 64 bit and do not wish to upgrade to anything at this time. 

My son was home from college for winter break. He "indexed" my  files and included my outlook 2010 emails which DID NOT NEED INDEXED as i was perfectly happy with the way i use my 2010 outlook program to search for old emails back as far as 2010. 

NOW, all of a sudden, when i go to find and email and type the content word into my email search bar i get the message that my emails are not availabel as "search results may be incomplete becasue items are still being indexed. how do i stop this? Will i lose anything or the ability to search the old way if i do anyting now? 

My son has issues and he did this without my permission. He indexed everything including emails. He is back at college now but the indexing is always going on in the background. i didn't need this and never had it before. how do i stop it and will it mess up the way my email search? Is there any way to restore the email search capability i had before my son went into the windows system and checkmarked to index everythinhg?

HELP!

Edited by hamluis, 24 January 2016 - 03:31 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LuAnne123

LuAnne123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:44 AM

Also, does anyone out there know if the following error could be related to the above question and how i can fix it?

+

System

-

Provider

[ Name]

Microsoft-Windows-Search

[ Guid]

{CA4E628D-8567-4896-AB6B-835B221F373F}

[ EventSourceName]

Windows Search Service

-

EventID

[ Qualifiers]

Version

Level

Task

Opcode

Keywords

0x80000000000000

-

TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]

2015-12-14T14:26:31.000000000Z

EventRecordID

Correlation

-

Execution

[ ProcessID]

[ ThreadID]

Channel

Application

Computer

Security

-

EventData

ExtraInfo

Details: The content index catalog is corrupt. 0xc0041801 (0xc0041801)

Reason

The catalog is corrupt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users