Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Administrator Right s

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Dazza

Dazza

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:50 AM

Hi I Have an ‘Administrative Rights Problem’ I am “Dasha” as a User

The Computer is called “DELLDESKTOP” Or “DashaDell”

I am getting these Errors and I think it was after a Win 10 Upgrade

I have Tried Activate the Hidden Admin Account But Nothing Works I cannot find the Default On Tab

SO I also I opened an “Administrator Accounts” (see Scr Shot 01) and it wont let me in' it say’s “Enter New Password” But I have Tried Many Times and Different Password s and it says “Cannot Create New Admin Password” 

I don’t even think i ever did One??

You do not have access rights to logical disk manager Windows 10

You Do Not Have Administrative Rights

You Have to Be An Administrator to Log In

You Must be Logged In as The Administrator too Install this Program

I cannot Change the Password?? I cannot Open MY Apps or Disk Management Windows Apps work Okay

I cannot Open System Restore I click on the Link But Nothing Happens

have an Admin account that I opened the 2 weeks ago because they say You must have more than just a Standard User Account and 

I had Tried to open the Hidden admin Account and I couldn't and Because I cannot Log into it and I cannot Delete It 

I also Tried: Open an administrator mode command prompt  you can right-click on the Start button and choose to open a command prompt that way.Enable Built-in Administrator Account in Windows;

No Dice Nothing Happened 

and The Right Click on the Start Button Has No Option For Log in  as Administrator

AND 

open a command prompt in administrator mode by rightclicking and choosing “Run as administrator”

Ctrl+Shift+Enter shortcut from the search box).

Nothing works I cannot Open a Command Prompt Window at all

I cannot Download Updates / Run MY Apps (Win Apps Are OK )

I Have a Personal “MS Account” But I cannot Log out of the Dasha Account I Tried

Any help Please I am in Big Strife Here Cheers Dasha :crazy: :) Attached File  NoAdminScreenshot - 19_01_2016 , 8_21_31.jpg   52KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Two 02 - Windows 10 02 Adninistrator Wrongs Screenshot - 15_01_2016 , 12_55_14.jpg   21.18KB   0 downloads

Attached Files

2013 DELL Inspiron 660, Intel 4 CPU - 2.4 GB, 512 Meg Ram, 64 bit / BEN-Q 21.5" Scr,

Windows 10, Weston 1000 T-byte HDD - Partitions -  G, -  H, - I, - J 

CCleaner, Kaspersky (Full Version) MWMByts Weekly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:04 AM

I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Please read the pinned topics at the top of the forum for instructions on how to post there.

If they say that the system is clean, then post back here and we'll have a try at fixing this.

BTW - the built in Admin account is disabled by default - have you enabled it?

Also, it doesn't have a password (again by default), have you just tried pressing "Enter"?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:50 PM

Thanks for your Response John”  think I am onto the Right Track (but I’m still Getting “ You are Not an Administrator “ on My Apps. In Open Default Admin Account CMD 

I have been entering it < net user administrator / active: yes > and getting the Scr - (03)” as a Result ( My fault for cut and Pasting)

When I tried net Dasha administrator / active: yes > Scr (01a) which I think Might be what you wanted?

So then I Tried to give it a Password and net user administrator I dont think it matters if it s Dasha or USER Here Scr ( 04 )

I still don’t have Admin access but it’s Getting Close? I thought you may be able to Read something From the Screen Shot s ?

Or do you still want me to Do a Virus Check?

Maybe Try and Sign into My Microsoft Account?

Attached File  Bleeping Com 04 -Screenshot - 26_01_2016 , 7_49_25.jpg   47.47KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Bleeping Com 01a - Screenshot - 26_01_2016 , 7_44_27.jpg   69.51KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Bleepin Com 03-Screenshot - 26_01_2016 , 7_29_18.jpg   42.3KB   0 downloadsAttached File  BleepingCom 02 -Screenshot - 26_01_2016 , 7_12_06.jpg   53.01KB   0 downloads

2013 DELL Inspiron 660, Intel 4 CPU - 2.4 GB, 512 Meg Ram, 64 bit / BEN-Q 21.5" Scr,

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:55 AM

Try "net user Administrator /active:yes" (without the quotes)  I just tried it on my system and it worked there.

If you look at your last screen shot, there's a slight different in the use of blank spaces that may have caused that command to fail

Space between net and user

Space between user and Administrator

Space between Adminstrator and /active:yes

No other spaces

Beyond that, please post over in the Am I Infected forums

That'll get things started there.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:52 PM

Hi John I am waiting on the Other Forum For an Infection Clearance Been Two days so I will Just wait

John when You Say Here < the built in Admin account is disabled by default -" have you enabled it" > I have never seen the Built in Admin account I cannot Enable it as I have Not been able to go that Far Cause of the Other Standard  Admin account that I regretfully Created as I recall it was Cause I could not Move thru tose Steps to Activate the Elevated Hidden Admin Account I am Not sure anyway  I Came up with a CMD winow Error 5 when I retried    <  net user Administrator /active:yes   >  am I supposed to be Typing USER or Me as the User as "Dasha" (Second Screen Shot)   :hello: :bowdown:

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:43 PM

net user Administrator /active:yes

That is the exact correct syntax that you should type.

In most cases the System Error 5 is an Access Denied error

Most likely you were not running the Command Prompt in Administrator mode.

If doing it correctly, the title of the Command Prompt window should be "Administrator: Command Prompt"

Other problems with access can also cause this - but let's make sure that you're doing this with Admin rights first.

#7 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:05 PM

It s Only Truning as cmd/ Win 32/  In my Classic Shell Start > RUN cmd > Right Click >Menu >  Run in Admin Mode = Error 5

In the Coroma > Seach The Web and Windows> Its cmd> CMD Menu> Promt at top of the Menu>Comm Admin > Menu and Left Click only > Run as Admin 

BUT it goes Here

google.com.au/search?q=cmd+run+as+administrator&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=wMSqVrwD446bBbWpkqAB

Update 1316 --  John I think I should Do something the 3 Rd Day for the "Am I Infected  Forum is at 0200 tommorrow unril now nobody has replied aout of 91 "Looker s"

I need to move all this to the "Urgent Bleeping sitesite I am Losing all Access to everything, What do you think John Cheers?  Dasha

Edited by Dazza, 28 January 2016 - 10:17 PM.

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:55 AM

If we're not able to get a response from the Am I Infected people in time for you, try this:

Try these free, independent scans (from this link: https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA15-286A ):
This is in case your current protection is compromised by malware and giving false results:

F-Secure
           https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/online-scanner (link is external)

McAfee
           http://www.mcafee.com/uk/downloads/free-tools/stinger.aspx (link is external)

Microsoft
           http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx (link is external)

Sophos
           https://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/virus-removal-tool.aspx (link is external)

Trend Micro
           http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ (link is external)

The above are examples only and do not constitute an exhaustive list. The U.S. Government does not endorse or support any particular product or vendor.

Beyond that, I'm starting to wonder if you should consider a Refresh of W8.1:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

#9 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:29 AM

John F-Secure online Scanner Requires Admin Right s So It won't Scan None of tghem will work without Admin Rights  ??? I am gong to move to the Other site as you are away so Thanks For the Helpp John Dasha

#10 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 05:30 PM

John U Still Here  Mate? I have had some success I tried Switching accounts again? This time I SAW the 2 Icons in the

'Switch Account Screen and  saw  Dasha’ and "Administrator" Icon s. I Was able to Open a 'Command Prompt window as ‘The Administrator' 

and Do the net user admin active /:yes and was successful  SO I closed out and went Back and Logged in as Dasha” and tried “Create New Password” 

in that  'Admin Account' I Created  AND  it still Say’s “Cannot Create a New Password” AND  I still get the  "You are not an Administrator" 

when I try and run one of my Apps or those Virus Scan Programs to see if I Have a Virus Can I run those Programes in The Default Admin Mode - would That work?

Are you still Here John or have you had to Go? if you have had to attend to your Family Cobba that s Fine' I will close all this and start a New one Again in this same Forum  OR I will close this and Bump the  Am I Infected post as it is Nearly 3 Days 

and I have had no response? OR I will start a New Thread about "You are not an Administrator" ?? 

I sincerly Hope all is well for You and Family Cobba My Kindest Regards Dasha

Edited by Dazza, 29 January 2016 - 05:35 PM.

#11 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:33 PM

I have to Close this Thread as It is No-longer Completly Accurate Part of the Issue is Solved I have to open another Thread and Begin Again Thanks to All  especially John

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:47 AM

Still around, it's just that responses will be sporadic hile I'm dealing with the family problems.

I wish you luck in getting the remaining issues solved!

#13 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:34 PM

Got it fixed Thanks Cobba Cheers Dazza :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users