Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intermittent Black Screen while using MS Word 2013 - 365 ProPlus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MattJ812

MattJ812

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 24 January 2016 - 04:45 AM

Hello,

I installed a copy of MS Office 365 ProPlus through my school and I am having trouble with MS Word.  After a minute or 5 or 10, the screen will go black.  It doesn't turn off like when you close the lid or turn off the computer, it displays black.  If I close the lid and reopen it, the black screen will go away.  Sometimes it will stay away for a minute or 5 or 10, sometimes 1 second.  (FYI my lid is set to do nothing upon close, I don't like sleep mode.  I have also tried restoring these settings.)

I have disabled all add ins, disabled hardware acceleration, done a full re-install, done an online repair with MS on the phone and so far nothing has fixed the problem.

I have no other issues with this computer, this only happens in Word.  Excel and power point, as far as I can tell, work just fine, but Word does not.

I've tried using the event viewer to see if I can catch some process acting up but I really don't know what to look for.

I should mention, just in case, that I was previously using Open Office which I uninstalled after the Word problems started, which was pretty much right away.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MattJ812

MattJ812
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:46 AM

So after hours of troubleshooting I still have not come up with a cause or solution for this problem however I have found one thing.

It only happens if Word is maximized and in focus.  Word can be open while I'm doing something else and everything is fine.  I can manually size the Word window to almost maximized and, so far, I am not experiencing any problems.

I have experienced it once using Open Office writer but no other applications, or games.

I am using an HP Pavilion

HP 17-g121wm

AMD Quad-Core A10 8700P

8GB RAM

AMD R6 Graphics

Windows 10

If any other specs or information will help please let me know.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users