Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop cannot access internet on network, other computers & devices can.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BazookaSamurai

BazookaSamurai

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:48 AM

12626197_1065854566810014_1216989885_n.j

Windows laptop connects to home network via password. However, I cannot access any websites.

There is another laptop and 3 game consoles that are all connected to the same network and function fine. There is also a desktop PC hardwired to the router that connects just fine.

I have tried connecting to the router via an Ethernet cable, but I still couldn't connect to a website. I also tried power cycling the modem and router.

Can anyone help me get online?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 24 January 2016 - 12:58 PM.
moved from Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications to Networking

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hauberk

Hauberk

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:39 AM

I had this problem yesterday. I fixed by restore point the PC. may Your windows file corrupted. you may need scan your system in Safe Mode with CMD. after restarting PC, and pressing F8 the new screen will show then select Safe Mode with Newtwork. after that search for CMD in Search Box, Next open CMD as Admin after that write this command:

sfc /scannow

the wait until it finishes, then restart see if it can contact the internet.

i do not recommend to use restore point because it may gife more error mean may thing will not work e.g: system apps or software were you installed.

Edited by Hauberk, 24 January 2016 - 04:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users