Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSODs, windows freezing, mouse frozen, etc..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MDonnaM

MDonnaM

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:53 AM

Hi, In the last 2 weeks, I have been experiencing a remarkable number of restarts, and blue screens, frozen windows, mouse

frozen etc.. after an unknown update that i did not authorize auto shut me down to update and not turn off my computer... I thought

it was MS even though i did not authorize it...  after that i recieved a few BSODS with memory dumps and always code 41?   I

thought it might be dust in my computer resulting in overheating so i cleaned out my computer and my power supply..  but it seems

to still be happening (5x earlier this evening over the course of 3 hours) so for the last 5 hours i have taken off the side of the computer for greater cooling and no crashes so far?

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, ServiceAttached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   1.09MB   0 downloadsAttached File  Resource and Performance Monitor Jan 24-16.zip   117.38KB   0 downloads

Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon™ Dual Core Processor

4450e, x64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2942 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430,

128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 226808 MB, Free - 4968 MB;
Motherboard: ECS, Iris8
Antivirus: Webroot SecureAnywhere, Updated and

Enabled

System shut down 5Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   1.09MB   0 downloadsAttached File  Resource and Performance Monitor Jan 24-16.zip   117.38KB   0 downloads times tonight

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 1/23/2016 8:18:40 PM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Donna-PC
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power

unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event

xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/

events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"

Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-

77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-01-

24T01:18:40.582400000Z" />
<EventRecordID>368114</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Donna-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">10</Data>
<Data

Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xf932453</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x1c</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x1</Data>
<Data

Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x82cd0199</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:01 AM

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users