Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downgrade Asus Q400A W8.1 premium to W7 pro 64bit

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rick2016

rick2016

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:02 PM

I have downgraded my ASUS Q400A (i7-3632QM cpu @2.20 GHz 64 bit 8 GB Ram Year 2013 model) from windows 8.1 premium to Windows 7 pro 64 bit. I also upgraded ram from 8 to 16 gb. Asus does not support W7 64 bit drivers. I have installed generic intel drivers

Win64-152824.exe (Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8-64-bit Version: 15.28.24.64.4229 (Latest) Date: 6/5/2015)
and wifi driver wireless_15.8.0_s64.exe

Most of the Asus supported Fn buttons don't work. All of my USB ports and CD/DVD rom works.

But the computer really sucks and it stalls and moving cursor from one end to another and opening and closing windows is too bad. I have tried to speed up the laptop to best of my knowledge. Well, this is a brand new installation of w7 and has 16 gb ram.  Now, It is pretty much useless or worthless piece of bleep. I don't have the back up of the original W8 image or restore to original condition that laptop came with. I was over confident that W7 would work fine. Should I have to go back to W8.1. I don't want to upgrade to W10 instead burn my laptop.

This slowness is because I don't have the correct drivers? Can I install drivers that ASus has for W8.

Please somebody advice me what should I do to bring it up to normal or decent computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:39 PM

If your computer came pre-installed with WIndows 8 you can download the Media Creation Tool for Windows 8.1 here. Be sure to select the same version as what was originally installed. Because the Windows 8 key is embedded in firmware on Windows 8 computers simply install and your computer will self-activate once online. When you get to the Window where is asks for the key simply press next without entering anything. You will need to download the appropriate Windows 8 drivers from your computer's support site.

Choose not to install updates during the install.  After install set the updates to manual. Under you update settings change it to Notify me when updates are ready but do not install. Also uncheck Give Me Recommended Updates the same way I receive important updates. Do your updates but only select updates marked as Security Updates. After doing all Security Updates install GWX Control Panel. This will prevent an update to Windows 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users