Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen not balanced correctly

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dude905

dude905

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 23 January 2016 - 03:49 PM

Hi... I'm not sure where to post this . So here goes . When I turn on my PC the Dell logo screen/bios doesn't set correctly. Pic below will show what I mean . The Dell logo should be in the center I believe and were it showing the OptiPlex / Boot Options it should be at the bottom of the screen . Once windows loads everything is good . I don't believe this is a graphic driver problem or an OS, yes or no? And I don't think a monitor thing too, yes or no? Thanks

IMG_20160123_152923.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 392 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:48 PM

Definitely not a graphics driver or OS problem, as this display occurs during the POST before either of those things are loaded. I think this is probably a monitor problem & you should try an alternative monitor to see what happens. (resolution & possibly refresh frequency will be different during POST to that when the OS is loaded, a monitor fault may not cause problems at all resolutions / refresh rates). It could possibly be a graphics hardware problem, but I think the monitor (or maybe monitor video cable) is a much more likely culprit.

Edited by rqt, 23 January 2016 - 06:51 PM.

#3 bc0306

bc0306

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:47 AM

Before that go to the display settings and find one where you adjust the vertical and horizontal pos of the picture it won't be hard to find

Don't even think about it if your not sure

#4 dude905

dude905
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

Thanks for responding guys ... @rqt look like you're right, it is the monitor. I try it on another monitor and it loaded correctly, thanks

#5 Ram4x4

Ram4x4

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:43 PM

I'm guessing you are connecting to this monitor with a VGA cable and a DVI adapter, correct?  On that sort of connection, I;ve seen this happen depending on the specific monitor.

If your monitor has an auto-detection function, click that on during the BIOS screen and see if it will resolve it.  As long as your desktop, etc are centered properly once it gets booted up, it really isn't an issue though.

#6 dude905

dude905
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:10 PM

No Ram4x4 . vga to vga . It just a 13 years old monitor . Time for a new one once I see the right price .

#7 bc0306

bc0306

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:25 PM

AL2216W from acer is old but works and looks great

Don't even think about it if your not sure

#8 dude905

dude905
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:00 AM

This monitor back in the days were one of the best for 19 inches and it was the worst purchased I ever made for teleology. I paid over 1000.00 dollars Canadian . Back then we were just entering the 19 inches monitors and if you can remember prices for 19 inches back then were very expensive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116288

#9 Ram4x4

Ram4x4

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:36 AM

What size you looking for (keeping in mind 99.99% are all wide screen now)?

1080P resolution 24" widescreens on the cheap end can be had at newegg for $120ish.

I've seen and used a lot of monitors.  Everything from high-end calibrated IPS panels to the cheapy TN and TFT's.  Unless you have a specific need for a high end IPS panel, the TN and TFT's work just as well for home users.  I honestly can't find the difference between a $100 monitor and a $200, other than the $200 might have USB and speakers or other connection things that I never use.

I just bought a 22" ASUS last week on newegg for $99 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236100) so I have a dual screen set up.  It's bright, good saturation, no dead pixels.  In fact, I like it so much better than the older Dell 22" it is paired with, I'm buying another so the screens match (The Asus is so much brighter and nicer looking, can't get the screens to match and it's irritating).

Would love to get a pair of 24's, but I couldn't fit them on my desk, so 22's it is...and those just barely fit, lol.

#10 dude905

dude905
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:30 PM

I'm thinking somewhere down the line like you but only 23 or 24 inches types, either Asus, Acer or LG . I would of liken to have gotten this LG model but that one just got out of stock . I will waited out until a good deal comes, thanks for your input. :thumbup2:

LG 23.8" 60Hz 5ms GTG IPS LED Monitor (24MP67HQ-P.AUS) - Black

Edited by dude905, 25 January 2016 - 07:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users