Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blu-ray player says burned DVD is invalid

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nicepace

nicepace

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:21 PM

I burned a DVD on my computer. It plays on the computer, but when I tried to play it on my Blu-Ray player, it would not play and there was an error message saying the disk was "invalid."

Details:

The video file has a VIDEO_TS folder with .bup, .ifo, and .vob files.

Used ImgBurn version 2.5.8 to burn the DVD.

The DVD is a Verbatim DVD+R.

My computer runs Windows 7.

My Blu-ray player is a Sony.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:04 PM

A stand alone blu-ray player, or DVD/CD player for that matter, requires that the disc is processed in a certain way called 'closing'. This process means that the disc is closed and no more data can be added to it. The player in a computer does not require this additional stage to be done for it to be able to play the disc. It sounds like this is your problem.

Your only solution may be to re-burn the disc after looking at the options before you start the process. Look for an option that says 'closed' or 'finished' and make sure it is selected.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users