Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"inf file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 14 setup cannot continue"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 425 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 23 January 2016 - 01:56 PM

I am trying to install Windows XP on a computer that had Linux on it but Linux didn't support the video card. I used gpated and wiped the hard drive all the way down to unallocated. immediately after inserting a Windows XP disc, I get the message

inf file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 14 setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit

Google only returns results on this error with machines with Windows XP already installed or after just installing Windows XP and after the first restart. also there is way more "status 18" results than there are "status 14 results". and many of the status 14 results do not include "setup cannot continue". However, there is no result anywhere of this error showing up immediately after popping in the disc and before anything is even installed. it is just a completely blank HDD with nothing on it.

How do I get it to install?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:17 PM

See V Craig Response .

Louis

#3 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 425 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:45 AM

I downloaded an ISO of Windows XP and wrote it to a bootable flash drive and set the BIOS to boot from the flash drive but it is still giving me the same message

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:16 AM

AFAIK...there is no legal bootable .iso file of Windows XP available for download by MS customers.

Louis

#5 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 425 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:14 PM

It's legal as long as your serial is legal. How else is one supposed to fix a scratched CD?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users