Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WinBook TW700 - ARgh!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LadyMW

LadyMW

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:22 PM

Just recently bought a WinBook and am starting to have buyer's remorse. BUT trying to work through the learning curve to a happy place. Yesterday I downloaded a free app (SimpleChecklist) from Google Play and, tho I got an "install completed" message there is no link on the desktop so no way to access it. Also, once I got some programs open I cannot seem to close them. A touch-screen finger swipe doesn't do it, there's no X button, and no apparent way to return to the desktop. What am I missing on these issues? Any help is greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LadyMW

LadyMW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2016 - 01:47 PM

So, I'm really frustrated now! :ranting:   Using the Windows 8.1 user manual and finding the instructions do not match what my tablet does. In trying to explore settings I somehow activated the voice narrator which tells me what to do (HATE IT!) and it will not shut off plus it seems to loop round & round. Finally shut the tablet down but even that became hard to do because the narrator just kept looping and stalled the shut down sequence. HELP! How can I get rid of that wretched narrator? OMG - this is Twilight Zone stuff!  :halloween:

Edited by LadyMW, 23 January 2016 - 01:49 PM.

#3 LadyMW

LadyMW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:10 PM

Update - while trying to shut down the tablet it suddenly decided to install 88 updates. After nearly 2 hours it popped a message saying it could not complete the download & was undoing. That took another hour, then the tablet shut down. A while later I turned it on and the narrator no longer yelled instructions at me - I went into Settings & made sure it was Off & also turned magnifier Off (turning it on was what started the naughty behavior. Some of the updates must have downloaded because now I can swipe upward and get the full list of items in Start (could not do that before). And I can now rearrange the desktop icons (could not do that before either). I can now access free app I had downloaded previously & it works. :bananas: But I still find the user manual for Win 8.1 does not match what my tablet does or will let me do. Are there other manuals out there that might help? Still surfing the learning curve!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users