Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comp Doing Weird Things

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 soloe

soloe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:12 PM

Please please help. :thumbsup:

--Got Viruses after visiting a stupid dumb trivia website. (Got WebHancer. Mirar.

ezshieldprotector. dyfuca. surfsidekick)
--Tried to delete the folders the virus added to my comp, could'nt. Got Norton, ran

it. Also ran ad-aware, spybot, webaso, registry mechanic(?), Stinger, and Avast!
--Plugged drive into another computer and ran Norton until it says its clean, still

does'nt work.

--Now as soon as logon screen comes up, and I click on it to enter Xp, it says saving

settings, logging off. I can't get into XP at all! Sometimes the desktop will flash on

for a second, then go back to login screen.
--Tried to use F8, F12, F2 keys. Tried Safe mode. Tried to make boot discs from web,

but they just don't activate? Tried to make dos prompt boot disc too.
--Tried 3 differnt Xp cds, plus Nopix, failed.

--Took drive out and copied all my important files to another computer.
--When I go into BIOs and do 'boot from from CD', it gives me the message,

SATA Secondary drive 0 not found.
Primary Drive 1 not found.

--In Bios I can see that it labels both drives correctly. One is SATA (main c:)

another is IDE.

--Please help. Please use baby language. Really. I've asked on another board too, but

seems am out of options, If you'd like a copy of their suggestions I could paste them

here maybe?

Please help

Dell Dimension 4600

Mod Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 29 July 2006 - 11:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:40 PM

Can you boot to safe mode?

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:55 AM

Sometimes the fix for viruses is worse than the cure. That's because the viruses invade important system files and removing them breaks these files.

If you can get into Safe Mode with networking support - go to this site and perform a free, online scan to ensure that you're clean ( http://housecall.trendmicro.com ). Once that's done, let us know and we'll work on getting the system fixed.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users