Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installed Cpu and My system does not start! Need Help.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 patrocle

patrocle

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:25 PM

I have this specs:

MB: MSI H55M-E23 LGA 1156

With an i5-650 dual core, 8gb ram, win 10 pro, 240 ssd drive.

http://us.msi.com/product/motherboard/H55ME23.html#hero-overview

So i have installed i7-870 Quad core cpu and the pc turns on ,but i have no video! it say "no signal" i have try both vga and hdmi and other monitor and still no video.

What i have :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-i7-870-2-93-GHz-Quad-Core-Processor-8-MB-Cache-Socket-LGA1156-CPU-/221999025847?hash=item33b02c4eb7:g:GzkAAOSwrklVS4o5

Not sure at this point what to do.

Thank you for any advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:00 PM

Hello patrocle:

Does all complete and previous operational functionality return if the original configuration is restored?

Thank you.

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

#3 patrocle

patrocle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:08 PM

Hello patrocle:

Does all complete and previous operational functionality return if the original configuration is restored?

Thank you.

Yes, if put the i5 cpu back all works.

#4 Firicel69

Firicel69

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

check if the cpu match the bios version,it shall be a guide somewhere on the motherboard website,if not you can try to make an update.

if the bios is ok,you can try different tricks,i remember that i had this problem too and all i had to do was to remove the ram sticks and put them back and it booted perfectly,may work,not sure but worth a try i guess.

#5 patrocle

patrocle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:24 PM

Had to buy a video card and now works. Looks like the i7 cpu's don't like video that is integrated within Mb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users