Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting dual monitor - windows 10 - need help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bigst79

bigst79

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:18 PM

Hi guys,

Could use a lending hand. 

System specs:

Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2 GB GDDR5 HDMI/DVI-I/DP OC Version PCI-Express http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U8IS47A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

HP pavilion h8-1010 http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02838702 

I'm trying to set up dual display (mirror what's on my PC to my T.V.).  I've had success with this in the past, but cannot get it to work with my new GPU and windows 10.  I hit the windows key + 'P' and side screen opens from the right and I choose "duplicate."  THEN, when I connect the hdmi port from the GPU to the T.V., my desktop monitor goes to sleep, but I can see my desktop from the T.V.  If I then unplug the hdmi from my GPU to the T.V., the desktop monitor doesn't wake up.  I have to unplug the desktop monitor itself from the video card, then plug it back in.  So at no point in time can I have both displays, it's either one or the other.  I also tried using the T.V. display to go in and have my PC automatically detect the other monitor (so both T.V. and desktop monitor were connected), but it says there's no other monitor to detect.  My video drivers are up to date.  Any ideas?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users