Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes for no reason

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 roldy

roldy

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 22 January 2016 - 07:30 PM

I'm having the hardest time figuring out what is causing my intermittent freeze ups. This has happened about 4 times now I think since I built my new pc. The last couple of times I have written down the dates of the freeze ups. The 3rd freeze up occurred 6 days after the 2nd. The 4th freeze up occurred 7 days after the 3rd (today 1/22/16). When at the time of the freeze ups I, I was on the internet watching a gaming stream on Twitch. There were some drivers that were not present but I found those and installed them. I have the event viewer log. I was wondering if someone could take a look through it because I have no idea what I'm looking for. I really don't want to uninstall everything but it looks to be that way. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

System Info:

Windows 7 Pro

Intel i7-5930K

16 GB memory

Attached Files

• Attached File  logs.zip   951.71KB   3 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,020 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:02 PM

Hi, welcome to BleepingComputer I'm Mihael and I'll be helping you with your computer problems. :)

Please follow these instructions: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/ and this please: http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/

Please write detailed system specs and the age of hardware. If you are OC-ing, please stop until we resolve the issue.

Is your RAM 4x4 or 2x8 sticks?

Thank you :)

#3 roldy

roldy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:46 PM

I don't get BSOD's. My computer just freezes and shows whatever I was doing at the time of the freeze. Also, my computer is brand new. I would say about 2 months old.

Detailed Specs:

Operating System:    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1

CPU:    Intel Core i7 5930K @ 3.50GHz

RAM:   Klevv Cras    16.0GB Unknown @ 1066MHz

Motherboard:    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X99-DELUXE (SOCKET 2011)

Graphics:    2 VX248 (1920x1080@60Hz) monitors,   4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (NVIDIA)

Storage:    476GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512G SCSI Disk Device (SSD)
    465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AADS-00S9B SCSI Disk Device (SATA)
    465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AADS-00S9B SCSI Disk Device (SATA)
    931GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB SCSI Disk Device (SSD)
    149GB Seagate ST316031 8AS SCSI Disk Device (SATA)
    465GB Western Digital WD 5000AAJ External USB Device (USB (SATA))

Optical Drives:    hp DVD-RAM GH60L ATA Device

Audio:    Realtek High Definition Audio

#4 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• 1,020 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:59 PM

I can see a lot of Bonjour crashes. Please uninstall Bonjour and anything associated with it.

Please post a screenshot of Device Manager for me to check if everything is installed and updated as I have noticed some driver errors in the logs as well.

A lot of DNS and wifi errors. Have you experienced any connectivity issues?

There is also this error; The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk5\DR5.

Please run SFC:

1. Open an elevated command prompt or an elevated Windows PowerShell.

2. In the elevated command prompt, type the command below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below step 3)

sfc /scannow

3. When the scan is complete, hopefully you will see a Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations message.

If not contact me. Please, download HD Tune and test your HDDs with it by running Error Scan (make sure to uncheck the quick scan button).

Please attach a screenshot of the results.

What about PSU make and model?

I'm suspecting that the underlying cause is one of the HDDs, tbh.

Let me know how it goes :)

Best,

Mihael

#5 roldy

roldy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:03 PM

Well, about the HDD's. It's good to know that it might be one of those because I have actually had problems with one (or two) of the HDD's before in my old system. I just reformatted them and decided to use them as additional spares. I will still follow what you suggested. My internet connection has been stable for the most part. The times that it has went out has been due to the internet service, as verified by my laptop. How would I correct the DNS and wifi errors?

Edited by roldy, 22 January 2016 - 09:16 PM.

#6 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• 1,020 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:05 PM

Please do, after you have tested all the drives, let me know the results.

#7 roldy

roldy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:11 AM

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations and the hard drive scans show no errors. However, since my HDD's are old and I have had problems with two of them in the past I will disconnect them and see if they are the issue. I plan to do a fresh install on my main ssd next weekend and upgrade from windows 7 to 10.

I have a Corsair AX1500i 1500W 80+ Titanium power supply

Attached File  Device Manager.PNG   47.24KB   0 downloads

#8 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• 1,020 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:56 AM

OK. I see that your Bluetooth driver has an exclamation mark. Please right click it and hit properties. copy and paste hardware id, and any errors you can find there. You can try updating it yourself if you know how to do so.

Let me know how it goes.

#9 roldy

roldy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:05 PM

The error that shows up is that this driver has not been installed. I've actually tried to search for a legitimate site for this driver and had no success.

USB\VID_0B05&PID_180A&REV_0112
USB\VID_0B05&PID_180A

#10 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• 1,020 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:19 PM

This is Broadcom Bluetooth driver. https://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth

#11 roldy

roldy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:39 PM

Well, just to be safe I'm going to do a fresh install and transfer all my stuff from my HDD's to my external HDD until I get another ssd for backup storage. Hopefully it the problem is not hardware related.

#12 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• 1,020 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:41 PM

OK, I'll be waiting for you. Let me know the results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users