Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why does the emblem, in computer properties, for Windows 7 change?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 22 January 2016 - 07:12 PM

Hi Everyone

Just recently installed Windows 7 Professional 64bit on a P5B Asus motherboard running a Intel Pentium Dual Cpu E2200 2.2 GHz (Dual Core not two Cpu's). I ran XP 32bit on it up till recently and because I am starting to replace my laptop with one running Windows 7 I felt I should upgrade the print server.

So my question....

Why does the emblem/avatar/ whatever you wish to call it change?

I am talking about the one that represents the installation of Windows 7 Professional.

It can be found in the control panel> All Control panel items> System or if you right click Computer and click properties it comes right up.

It is the same page that tells you at the bottom whether you are Genuine or activated.

In the middle it has the Windows Experience index.

When I first installed Windows it was like a green ball I think now it is a PC with blue wallpaper and white Microsoft flag.

Any thoughts?

PS...  I will try and take a screen shot of it and attach it laterAttached File  Win 7 Prop.png   71.88KB   0 downloads

Edited by Smokin_Joe, 22 January 2016 - 07:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:56 AM

Probably caused by Windows updates.  There've been a good bit of them in the last few months.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:27 PM

Probably caused by Windows updates.  There've been a good bit of them in the last few months.

Thx

If it turns out to be anything bothersome I will just go to one of my backups. I do one at 3am everyday.

It'ssss Back :smash:

Shut the computer off and it does 16 updates and as I just said

It's Back

Is this a test to see who is paying attention or just mess with those that like to rely on seeing things as we left them

Either way just seems pointless....lol

Attached File  Win 7 ball back.png   101.33KB   0 downloads

Edited by Smokin_Joe, 24 January 2016 - 12:53 AM.

#4 Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:53 AM

Here is some more usless info

If you access the computer by remote desktop the system properties is different than if you access it directly from the computer.

I am not saying that it does it everytime I am saying it is doing it at the moment.

Don't care anymore

Thx for watchin....Attached File  Win won 7.png   701.79KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users