Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Server 2012 DHCP problems.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kimosabe2016

Kimosabe2016

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:42 PM

I've installed Windows Server 2012 Standard and everything is running fine except that my DHCP is not issuing IP addresses.

1. Error 1046 - The DHCP/BINL service on the local machine, belonging to the Windows Administrative domain kimosabeit.com, has determined that it is not authorized to start.  It has stopped servicing clients.  The following are some possible reasons for this: 

This machine is part of a directory service enterprise and is not authorized in the same domain.  (See help on the DHCP Service Management Tool for additional information). 

This machine cannot reach its directory service enterprise and it has encountered another DHCP service on the network belonging to a directory service enterprise on which the local machine is not authorized. 

Some unexpected network error occurred.

*** For this problem I tried running command prompt and entered: 

C:\Users\Administrator>netsh dhcp add server kimosabeit.com 192.168.1.1

Adding server kimosabeit.com, 192.168.1.1

Command completed successfully.

C:\Users\Administrator>netsh dhcp show server

2 Servers were found in the directory service:

Server [kimosabeit.com] Address [192.168.1.1] Ds location: cn=kimosabeit
.com

Server [server.kimosabeit.com] Address [192.168.1.1] Ds location: cn=ser
ver.kimosabeit.com

Command completed successfully.

2. Error 1059 - The DHCP service failed to see a directory server for authorization.

3. Error 1056 - The DHCP service has detected that it is running on a DC and has no credentials configured for use with Dynamic DNS registrations initiated by the DHCP service.   This is not a recommended security configuration.  Credentials for Dynamic DNS registrations may be configured using the command line "netsh dhcp server set dnscredentials" or via the DHCP Administrative tool.

This is my second attempt at installing a local home network with the Network ID: 192.168.1.0 and my Gateway is 192.168.1.254

Please help as I cannot get on my Wi-Fi unless I activate the modems DHCP. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:37 AM

Google the event codes [error 1056 for example] and follow the recommendations.

#3 dna9

dna9

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:50 PM

if it is a "local" domain on your LAN you shouldn't use .com

use .local instead

#4 iDataStor

iDataStor

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:33 PM

Also, are there any other DCHP servers on the network? Maybe a router handing out IP's? I have seen that cause some issues.

#5 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:18 PM

if it is a "local" domain on your LAN you shouldn't use .com

use .local instead

I would advise never to use .local unless you have a specific reason to.

If you do and merging to the cloud with say Exchange Online then you have to stuff around with the uPID for each object user, there is a faster way to change that globally of course!

Always use the FQDN, you have an intranet server and external then just use DNS to point to either www.domain.com or create a new record for intranet.domain.com.

So going by the error its an authenticating issue contacting the GC server, you could use NETDOM to reset the machine account on the domain and seehow that goes but also to ensure its working and can contact the GC domain controller, try the command "net use \\GCDomainController\ipc$

It should not ask for credentials if you are running as domain admin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users