Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot Loop Please HELP !

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Electricfat

Electricfat

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:12 AM

Hey guys, 

This laptop has been a pain so far in 2016 and its done it again. So essentially what happened was I force shut down my computer because I am an idiot and when I came back to it I noticed it was in a boot loop. I have had this issue before with the installations of updates but I simply fixed that by reinstalling windows. So that's what I would do again this time but the laptop is just not wanting to do it. I tried to install windows 8.1 again with the disk of which I have but so far that has not worked as after it says press any key it just goes back into a boot loop ! What I mean by the boot loop is that it tries to load windows for a while then it decides it has an issue so it tries to open the automatic repair but when it tries to do that it just shows a black screen and remains there for ever. This is a tricky situation I have gotten my self into! 

So I ask of you please tell me how do I fix this issue ? 

I have a Toshiba Satellite P850 if that helps. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:19 AM

Two suggestions.  First I'd run disk diagnostics to see if there's something wrong with your hardware.  Seagate hard drives have been especially flakey recently.  Also I'd get hold of a bootable DVD with something like Linux Mint and see if that will boot up without problems.  You don't have to install anything to do that, you can just boot from the disc and 3-4 minutes, be up and running with it.  Linux Mint has a user interface similar to the one in Windows.  You can download it from here:

http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php .  

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users