Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheTwister282

TheTwister282

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:40 AM

Hi there, 

Post added in to correct place

Every now and then my computer restarts its self and then whilst it goes through the bios this error appears see attachment.
Anyone knows what it means and how It can be fixed. I have been thinking its the PSU or RAM on he computer. 

The computer has also had a 0cx000021a  and Critical Process Died blue  screen in the pass also. 

Looking at the event viewer log  there  is an DistributedCOM 10016 error  at the time it happened. 

Any ideas what it could be? 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Adam Pollard

Adam Pollard

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:26 AM

Either you have a bad bios or a hard drive intermittent fault. I would suggest backing up your data, then test the hard drive. If you're lucky, it might be a loose hard drive cable.

If the BIOS cannot see a hard drive, it tries to boot from another source, in this case, your network card.

#3 TheTwister282

TheTwister282
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:01 AM

Hmm not sure if it is, because this happens very random times one day it does it so i have to restart the computer the next would be in 2 days time

#4 Adam Pollard

Adam Pollard

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

Hmm not sure if it is, because this happens very random times one day it does it so i have to restart the computer the next would be in 2 days time

Such is the way with intermittent faults. So what do you think it might be?

#5 Atomic77

Atomic77

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:19 AM

Since it is random  I was thinking it could of been the affect of a virus but I highly doubt it. Its gotta be something hardware related or with your software I would think. Im not a expert Im just a user.

ATOMIC77

​GEEKED AT BIRTH

#6 DarthSirhc

DarthSirhc

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:44 AM

I agree with Adam. Back up your hard drive a.s.a.p. This is a tell-tale sign that your HDD is on the outs but also could be a faulty cable or even a faulty connector on the motherboard. I would download a free HDD health check software (HD Tue is a good one) and go from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users