Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External Monitor not working after Lightning Storm

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bobby2u

Bobby2u

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:13 AM

I have spent some time trying to research an answer for my problem , but so far not really found a solution .

I have my fingers firmly crossed that some forum members may be able to help me.

I have recently purchased a second hand Asus T200TA that is running Windows 10 home 32bit.

I had it connected to an external AOC monitor and its been working fine , a few days ago I left the machine on charge and running while I was out of my house , when I came home I turned the external monitor on , and nothing .

My mother told me that there was a big storm with thunder and lightning while I was away from the house.

I connect the machine to the internet using a 3G wireless router with a SIM card ( no direct antenna connection as I live near the 3G tower )

Every thing seems to be working well except for the external monitor .

I have checked in the device manager and there's now no external monitor shown.

I have re installed the monitor drivers that came with the monitor .

I have tried the same monitor and cable on another computer and its working ok.

I have purchased a new monitor to T200TA cable and tried that , but still no monitor showing up.

I have tried several friends monitors , still nothing shows up in the device manager .

The windows 10 is fully up to date .

Add device can't see the external monitor .

I have tried one system restore point going back before the problem occurred , but still no external monitor showing up or working.

I'm not too sure if the machine being left on during a thunder / lightning storm has any thing to do with my current problem , but I can't think of any thing else.

I'm fairly new to windows computers , so any help or advice on what I can do to get my external monitor back working once more would be appreciated

Thank You .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Adam Pollard

Adam Pollard

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:20 AM

Perhaps the laptop motherboard has been damaged, specifically the video-out circuit. That's the logical explanation.

#3 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:46 AM

@ Adam Pollard,
>>That's the logical explanation.<<
I think that you have jumped a bit too early, as this still seems to operate as a Notebook but the external screen only has a problem.
Please read the full question prior to jumping in with only half an answer ...then try to help......

@ Bobby2u.

Please try and provide a bit more information, if you can.
Please post a snapshot with Speccy for more system details -
Follow How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy <<-- Full Directions Here (only Copy / Paste the link)
Diagrams are shown in this post http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602174/automatic-update-dll-wuauengdll-in-svchost-causes-high-cpu-usage/#entry3909617

Also if you can, Please download MiniToolBox  and save it to your desktop to run it.
 Checkmark the following boxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and it will produce a Notepad document, copy / paste the content with your next reply.
If you have any problems, please do what you can, then post them first (No question is silly, and it can save you time and effort).

Thank you-

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

#4 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:22 PM

@ Bobby2u

You have not replied to this post for over 3 weeks now.

Please tell us if it is solved or if you wish to continue it ..

Thank you.

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users