Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usind Hide My Ip

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zemoman

zemoman

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:45 PM

Hi I was goin through download.com looking for a program that can hide my ip address so I can surf the web more protected. I found one program called "Hide my IP". First of all is it illegal to use these kinds oof programs? Second of all can these programs affect my browsing speed in anyway? And last of all can these programs affect my computer in anyway, such as slow it down or give it a virus or anything like that?

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE WHO ANSWERS MY POST. :thumbsup:

Edited by zemoman, 28 July 2006 - 12:46 PM.

ROOTKITS BAD!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:49 PM

The use of a program to hide your isp isn't illegal, however be aware that authorities will not be prevented from tracing your isp should they wish to.

I don't know if they affect browsing speed but I wouldn't see why unless they direct you through another connection on the Internet which in that case Internet traffic and the speed of the connection used may affect your speed - same for the anonymizer sites.

There are also proxy sites for surfing the Internet - anonymizer sites.

Many irc channels servers will not allow you access unless they can verify your isp.

Edited by Enthusiast, 28 July 2006 - 12:53 PM.

#3 snooker

snooker

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:52 PM

Hi I was goin through download.com looking for a program that can hide my ip address so I can surf the web more protected. I found one program called "Hide my IP". First of all is it illegal to use these kinds oof programs? Second of all can these programs affect my browsing speed in anyway? And last of all can these programs affect my computer in anyway, such as slow it down or give it a virus or anything like that?

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE WHO ANSWERS MY POST. :thumbsup:

BTW Are you using dail up internet ? Or is it cable ?

#4 zemoman

zemoman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 01:20 PM

No im using cable
ROOTKITS BAD!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users