Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is my graphic card dead?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wastel

Wastel

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:25 PM

Excusse my poor english.

Today i was playing some games and suddenly error which i never seen before that something went wrong. After i pressed ok my computer restarted when i was back on my desktop screen started to go black and back to normal on the right bottom side corner there was an error saying "drivers for Nvidia Kernal mode drivers, version 361.43 stopped working but is restored now". This happend few times in succesion (and some parts of the screen were dissordered) even after restarting. Ive made-up my mind to do a format of my computer. Everything went ok but after reinstaling drivers the problem occured again but this time after computer restart all im left is a Blue Screen of Death all is working is a safe mode.

So the question is, is my card done for or is there a solution for that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:28 PM

Welcome,

If you have a graphics port on your motherboard change the monitor connection to that. If you regain your video then the problem is the graphics card. It may not be bad but that is a good possibility. I would download and install the latest drivers for the card and see if that helps. If not then replacement sounds like the solution.

Dick

PS: If a translation to another language would be helpful, please tell us which one. Google translate can do wonders

Edited by dicke, 20 January 2016 - 08:29 PM.

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Wastel

Wastel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:10 AM

Welcome,

If you have a graphics port on your motherboard change the monitor connection to that. If you regain your video then the problem is the graphics card. It may not be bad but that is a good possibility. I would download and install the latest drivers for the card and see if that helps. If not then replacement sounds like the solution.

Dick

PS: If a translation to another language would be helpful, please tell us which one. Google translate can do wonders

My MB does not have one but ive been trying to do something, I've resloted my card to other port in motherboard, also i've reinstaled drivers (few actualy from very old to newest) nothing works after instalation and restart all i have is a blue screen

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:21 AM

My vote is a bad card, sorry.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E