Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Slow PC Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ellittle678

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:19 PM

Hey everyone! One of our customers has a nice all in one Lenovo PC that's just too slow for it's specs.

It's 2-3 years old, has an intel i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz CPU, 8gb of DDR3 RAM, Windows 7. 

More explanation on the slowness:

-It's extremely slow to boot. Desktop shows without images for a good minute sometimes.

-After leaving it alone after boot for about 10min, all applications still have a big delay to open up.

-Outlook was having issues with slowness, suggesting safe mode, but I fixed by repairing data file

-Applications "Not responding" comes up often

-Has Norton, but can't be the cause

Things I've checked:

-Task manager, Processes running on normal use, nothing using a great amount of memory

CPU stays around 12% (not jumping even close to 100%) 

-Disabled all unnecessary applications in startup

-100gb out of 1TB HDD is in use, far from full

-Scanned HDD (Seagate free HDD scan software) for issues, 3 different short tests passed

Currently running long test

-Scanned for malware with Malware Bytes, 9 pups were found, nothing big (will scan with others)

-Checked programs and features for suspicious applications installed, none

-Checked for add-ons in browsers, none

-Windows updates are up to date

The main thing is the slowness to boot and applications, so I thought it would be HDD issues, but nothing so far. It seems transferring everything to an SSD setup would definitely improve, but it's an all in one -_-

Does anyone have any suggestions for what could be causing it PC to be so slow? Let me know if you have any questions/suggestions.

I understand there is some sort of file I can submit to show details of the PC, just let me know and I'll do that.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,347 posts
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:32 PM

Start your own topic in a Windows forum appropriate for your operating system.

Describe in detail what the problem is.

List the make and model of the computer.  If it is a custom build list the make and model of the motherboard.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 
When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.
Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.
The following screen will appear, click on Yes.
The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.
In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Computer Collection:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users