Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello. My first forum post, ever!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 idleHands

idleHands

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:15 PM

Hi, 

I'm a huge fan of the site and forums here. I'm such a big fan that I decided to finally join a forum, rather than just read them and make great replies in my head. Also I need to add that when it comes to fighting malware and such, bleepingcomputer is awesome.

I ended up finding this place since I have been off work on the sick   :(   and using the site to help me in fixing home tech problems for family and friends. And boy have I used it. Last time I had any real technical knowledge of computers and software windows xp was only just in full swing. I learned c++ and spent way too many nights on irc only to end up going into construction trade. Over 10 years of full time work and starting and growing my family I was no more than a system user. Capable of little more than streaming tv and occasionally playing cs. 

Thank you for helping me get back in touch with my inner nerd.  :thumbsup2:

Peace Out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dangereen

Dangereen

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:42 PM

Hey idleHands, good to be on board with you. Perhaps, "The Force" willing, we can share somethings useful to everyone. Oh, did I say that, I'm a  diehard Star Wars fan.

Years back I worked for an aerospace firm in Anaheim - Odetics Spaceborne - with a co-worker who was working for almost eight years on a Bachelors degree in Electronics Engineering. He finally packed it in and started a truck driving career. Told me a couple of years after he quit that it was the best thing ever to happen and he was content. Shoot, I got the techie bug in 9th grade after I put a crystal radio together; haven't been able to shake the industry/technology since. I actually was hoping for a career in chemistry.

Good health and fortune to you. Drop me line if you need a sounding board or perhaps even some techie advice. At my age I should have a few worthwhile nuggets left in my noggin...

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,388 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:39 PM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...Best regards.
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 idleHands

idleHands
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:49 AM

Thanks for the very warm welcome. I'm a big fan of star wars too and really enjoyed the new one. JJ Abrams has my respect for what he has done with it.

Personally I started with IT after leaving school. Then I made an attempt at physics at university but just couldn't keep up with the math at that level. And the rest of the time I've been banging nails with my whacking stick. My thoughts on working in construction are that it's great to be active and not worried about if you're sitting in an ergonomically designed chair but boy can it get repetitive sometimes. I once got work off local government to adjust every fire door in their nursing homes, months of just doors and no real effort or thought needed. Well a door in my head, they were all identical. At least the old folks were good company.

Edited by idleHands, 22 January 2016 - 05:49 AM.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,388 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:03 AM

You're welcome.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif