Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to join malware study hall

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:25 AM

Hello,
Ever since I joined this forum I have wondered how people got the tag "Malware Study Hall". I would like to join them if at all possible.

Thanks,
Chicken

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:42 AM

Information on the Study Hall program can be found in the thread below, written by one of our Study Hall Admin, Elise.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532535/malware-removal-training-program/

What you are looking for is here:

Please Note:
Due to the large numbers of requests for training, we utilize an automated program that will open a training slot to applicants when one becomes available. If the classes are full, please check back often to see if there is an opening. The Study Hall program is designed for those who wish to use the skills taught to better the Bleeping Computer community. Therefore, you must have a minimum of 20 posts on the Bleeping Computer forum to be considered eligible for applying. This will be used in conjunction with the application process to help us get an understanding of your posting style and your ability to interact on a forum style help site as well as demonstrate your commitment to contributing. Note that we expect posts that contribute to the topic it is posted in. Non-constructive posting or posting in a manner that makes it obvious you are only trying to get enough posts to apply can be considered grounds for immediate disqualification at the discretion of the administrators.

I put the important part in bold.

Edited by Aura, 20 January 2016 - 11:42 AM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken
  • Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 1,363 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:29 PM

Thanks! No open slots currently, but i'll keep looking!

Edited by Captain_Chicken, 25 March 2016 - 05:54 PM.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:39 PM

No problem, you're welcome :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Infecteduser05784956

Infecteduser05784956

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 23 January 2016 - 01:14 PM

I know this is someone else post but I have a related question. Recently when I applied there was a slot still open and I was instructed to enter a pass code in which I entered my forum pass code. After entering the pass coded it just took me back to the previous page and did not notify me of anything afterwards. In the same case I entered a incorrect password to see if it would notify me that it was incorrect and it still happened to do the same as when I entered the correct password. 

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2016 - 01:16 PM

I think I know what the passcode is, but I'll ask an Instructor or SHA to answer that question instead.

unite_blue.png

#7 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 23 January 2016 - 01:22 PM

Hi,

the passcodes are given out on special occasions to people, they are not a password one has to enter. Normally the application process should not ask you for a passcode if there's a slot open.

regards

myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 Infecteduser05784956

Infecteduser05784956

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 23 January 2016 - 01:45 PM

Ok thank you, I tried to apply on the 16th of January. Maybe there was an error then , I do not know if it is updated real time or not. Is it also normal for it to still show that the forum post required is 20? For the next time there is a slot open what are the steps that are generally required after clicking on the link?

Edit -

I just realized that the name Malware Removal Training Program is clickable , I went straight to enter pass code instead of trying something different so it was on my end.

Edited by Infecteduser05784956, 23 January 2016 - 01:49 PM.

#9 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:13 PM

Hi,

I just checked and we filled positions on the 17th & 18th, so I'm not sure you would've gotten anywhere with the right link. Unfortunately that also means that it may take a while until we open up new slots, but we will definitely open up again :)

The application consists of a short questionnaire along the lines of "why do you want to do this", "how much time will you invest" and similar questions. There's no exam or knowledge checked. Be advised that, besides the application, we also look at your posts here at BC, so your admission doesn't ride on "giving the right answers" in the application, but more on the general impression you give. The application helps us understand better what motivates you.

regards

myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users