Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Questions about automatic testings tools

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pierrelh

pierrelh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:30 AM

Hello everyone,

As part of my internship I have to make a panorama presenting the main tools for automated tests for web applications. I chose 9: Selenium, Watir, Sahi, Squish, QA Wizard Ranorex, Rational functionnal test, TestComplete and Unified functionnal testing

I am currently looking for answers to very specific criteria which I do not find the answers on the internet. I try to do a very comprehensive overview with the most relevant criteria I found. My aim is to create a 20 criteria panorama which help new testers to chose their tool.

Here is a list of questions which I seek the answer for each tool ( and do not find on the internet of course ) :

- Can we recover the tests of other tools? I know QA Wizard Pro can recover those UFT (eg QTP) and Test Complete can recover Selenium tests

- What is the size of the community of QA Wizard Pro and Ranorex?

- Can you use dynamic values ​​(I mean grab a random string in a test) on Watir, Sahi Ranorex?

- Can we make tests of the "object level" for Selenium Watir, Squish and Sahi?

- Functionality to put comments in the execution log from the dev testers for example if this happens that 's because of this (I know TestComplete allows to do so)

- What tools are active? (Regular patch and update)

- What tools are used to integrate data from other files? (I know QA Wizard Pro can recover excel file)

- What tools can directly integrates a shortcut to put the test code on a versioning tool? (TestComplete allows to do so)

- We agree on all these tools can do continuous integration?

- In terms of performance and optimization tools is that some of these tools have specificities like conso cpu, do not take the test if no mods ...

- What are the standards used by the market to store / share test cases

- What tools have a user-friendly interface and / or are easiest to use?

- What tools give access to the test logs and server?

- What tools can be able to test-suits and indicated what browser to use?

- What Tools can do tests on production environments?

- What tools can send SMTP alerts (Selenium, Watir, TestComplete allows to do it seems to me)

- What tools have a more detailed analysis of the results: volume, response time, Report that the test is a failure following the addition or modification of a code, which lines are problematic etc ...

I know these are a lot of questions I know I will not have the answer for all these things but if somebody here use these tools and can give me the answer it will be very helpfull

If you have other ideas of criteria please feel free to share

thank you very much

Good day

Best regards,

Pierre

PS : Note that I am a novice developer and I have only experience with Selenium IDE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users