Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Have A Big Problem Playing Videos.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 eckoboy003

eckoboy003

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:38 AM

See the thing is that about 3 months ago my computer stop playing videos that are offered on the internet. For example if I go on Yahoo and then to Yahoo news that website offers videos that you can play on your computer. The problem is that I click on the videos and only the media player comes out but no audio or video. What could be wrong? Is it my router or firewall? Please help. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 06:48 AM

Hi eckoboy003, welcome to BC.
There are plenty of reasons that may happen.
If you are using IE and WMP, go here, download and install the Codec Installation Packages for IT Professionals from MS for your OS.
If it doesn't help, give us some more information about your system as far as installed software is concerned.

Edited by HitSquad, 29 July 2006 - 06:48 AM.

#3 eckoboy003

eckoboy003
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:45 PM

well actually im not using Internet explorer but im using mozilla firefox. I have windows xp media center edition. Currently i have installed windows media player 10. I dont know if using firefox might be a problem. I also have real player installed but thats pretty much it. If you need to know about anything else please ask.thnks for the help. I would appreciate it if you could keep granting me your assistance.

Edited by eckoboy003, 29 July 2006 - 12:54 PM.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:27 PM

You may need to install an extension in Firefox. Check these out
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Streaming_media
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Video_or_audio_doesn%27t_play
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 eckoboy003

eckoboy003
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:13 AM

thx. Ill try it out.

#6 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:17 PM

In response to your PM eckoboy003,
There is an entire set of guidelines on media player plugins and Firefox Here.
Hope this helps.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#7 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:54 PM

See the thing is that about 3 months ago my computer stop playing videos that are offered on the internet. For example if I go on Yahoo and then to Yahoo news that website offers videos that you can play on your computer. The problem is that I click on the videos and only the media player comes out but no audio or video. What could be wrong? Is it my router or firewall? Please help. Thanks.

I've been having those problems too!!! Hmmm...maybe I'll try those suggestions when I have the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users