Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Page ??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 larry31

larry31

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:18 PM

Running Windows 7

I have a web page that displays my latest change, only if I open the web page in Internet Explorer browser. If I open that same web page using Google Chrome, the latest change is not showing. All previous information on the web page is showing in both browsers.
It's just the change I just added is not showing in Chrome.

The page when opened in IE...  http://www.powers31.info/2011_KLR650.htm

The same page opened in Chrome...  http://www.powers31.info/2011_KLR650.htm

NOTE: I opened the page, and copied the address and pasted it here. The addresses look identical.

Why won't Chrome display my latest addition, when IE does display it.
BTW: The change is at the very end of the page, labeled.. "AirBox Modification"

Edited by Queen-Evie, 20 January 2016 - 11:42 AM.
moved from Windows 7 to Web Site Development

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,302 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:47 PM

The first thing that popped into my mind is to ask if you have cleared the Chrome cache before attempting to view the page.

My next thought is to ask if there is a known time lapse before Chrome will eventually display the changes.

Last thought...this topic should probably be best served in the Web Site Development forum.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 DavidPreston

DavidPreston

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:30 AM

Hello

I also think that this is happening due to the cache problem.

I have also faced similar kind of situations several times. But when I checked the URL in incognito window then all the changes were visible.

So I cleared cache of the chrome browser and open the URL again and this time it was updated.

You should also try this one and if the problem still occurs then you should contact experts.

Edited by DavidPreston, 20 January 2016 - 04:31 AM.

#4 larry31

larry31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:10 PM

Thanks guys ! I cleared my browsing history. (Is that what you meant by clearing the cache?)

My change is showing now.

BTW: Can you explain just why this was happening?  Why does having browsing history cause this?

#5 Demonslay335

Demonslay335

Ransomware Hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 3,555 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:54 PM

Clearing cache does not equal clearing history, but it might have cleared both if you were at that screen.

When you visit a website, your browser caches it so that it doesn't have to reach out to the server again to present the same data. Your browser will typically hold onto the page for a certain amount of time before reaching back out to save bandwidth, processing, and time. There are many mechanisms for controlling this "timeout" before it decides to reach out to the network, but we won't get into that here.

Clearing the cache basically just forces the browser to clear any local temp files for the page and reach out to the network for the content again. You can effectively do this with Ctrl+F5 in Chrome and Firefox.

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic]

ransomnotecleaner-25.png RansomNoteCleaner - Remove Ransom Notes Left Behind [Support Topic]

cryptosearch-25.pngCryptoSearch - Find Files Encrypted by Ransomware [Support Topic]

If I have helped you and you wish to support my ransomware fighting, you may support me here.

#6 larry31

larry31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:16 PM

Thanks guys. It makes sense now.

Appreciate the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users