Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network connectivity problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bobyboy

bobyboy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:08 PM

Recently been receiving the following message 'One or more protocols are missing'
Info listed being ' Window sockets registery entries required for network connectivity are missing.

How do I rectify this?

Edited by bobyboy, 19 January 2016 - 02:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:16 PM

Why the same question 3 times in a single post?  Anyhoo, I think I'd start by opening an administrator command prompt and issuing this command: sfc /scannow.  That will check for and attempt recovery of corrupt files.  If that didn't help, I'd try doing a System Restore to a time before the problem started.  If neither of these help, I'd post an inquiry in the Am I infected forum because you could have been infected by some form of malware.  

Things like this are why I make regular backups because they can happen to any computer at any time.

`

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:37 AM

While in the Admin Command Prompt, try these 3 commands (actually, I think you only need the last one, but we routinely do all 3 at work for connection problems):

Press "Enter" after each one.  Let us know if there are any failures, but keep on going with it until you're done.

netsh int tcp reset

netsh int ip reset

netsh winsock reset

Then reboot the system and see if it works.

Edited by usasma, 20 January 2016 - 07:38 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 bobyboy

bobyboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:14 PM

While in the Admin Command Prompt, try these 3 commands (actually, I think you only need the last one, but we routinely do all 3 at work for connection problems):

Press "Enter" after each one.  Let us know if there are any failures, but keep on going with it until you're done.

netsh int tcp reset

netsh int ip reset

netsh winsock reset

Then reboot the system and see if it works.

Tried netsh int ip reset and got the following message - resetting failed - access is denied.

#5 bobyboy

bobyboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:24 PM

Why the same question 3 times in a single post?  Anyhoo, I think I'd start by opening an administrator command prompt and issuing this command: sfc /scannow.  That will check for and attempt recovery of corrupt files.  If that didn't help, I'd try doing a System Restore to a time before the problem started.  If neither of these help, I'd post an inquiry in the Am I infected forum because you could have been infected by some form of malware.  

Things like this are why I make regular backups because they can happen to any computer at any time.

`

Good luck.

Tried the above and got the following message:

FOUND CORRUPT FILES BUT WAS UNABLE TO FIX THEM.

#6 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:08 PM

Here are the things I'd try in this order:

1) Go back to a restore point from before the problem started.  This requires that you've enabled system restore.

2) Restore from a full system backup.  If you don't have one, start making them as soon as you recover!

3) Back your data up and restore to factory settings.

`

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users