Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Got an adware virus called Deal Top and it is driving me crazy!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Natazz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:48 PM

I tried to torrent a program I need for school on my mac (verison 10.7.5) but it didn't work. Unfortunately what DID work was the sneaky adware called Deal Top that installed itself on both chrome and safari! 

It double underlines all these random words on EVERY web page and turns them into links for stupid stuff that the words relate to. I've tried everything to remove it. I've deleted all my browser "extensions" for both browsers, reset both browsers, and ran crapcleaner as well and removed everything it said to remove. I looked for it in a general search in my programs and found nothing. I deleted and uninstalled the original program it came in and THEN emptied my garbage. I've tried to get multiple adware cleaners but they either are for windows only or don't work with my version of mac anymore because it is too old. 

Nothing has worked. I've been at this all afternoon. How do I get this off my computer??

Edited by hamluis, 19 January 2016 - 07:08 AM.
Moved from Mac OS to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:37 AM

Try this.

#3 Twin B

Twin B

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:13 PM

You'll have to upgrade your OS to 10.8 to use it but that's not a big deal. 

I've learned blood is not thicker than money. 

#4 smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:42 PM

You might check the installed Extensions in Safari and Chrome.  On the Mac, many times adware in browser is done by way of an extension that is installed.  Uninstall any extensions that you did not install yourself or you don't recognize and see if that helps.

#5 ljohnson588

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:48 PM

Try running Malwarebytes or there is another program in the App Store call Bitdefender Virus Scanner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users