Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

constant restarting after update

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 msj113

msj113

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:35 PM

the windows 8 kept bugging me to update to 8.1.  no i sez,   {leave me alone,   its working fine for what i am doing with that laptop}  the dang thing kept on pushing for update,  bigger notices,  more frequent.

finally,  it won,  i gave up,   hit the ok button.  walked away.  when i came back to use the laptop,  it is in a constant restart mode.  

sorry if these aren't the proper words, but their the only ones i got.  

let me explain 'restart mode',

in  that bar at the very bottom of the page,  4 piece windows logo at the far left then other icons load, while the desk top is popping icons then filling in the colors and logos.  when the last icon is complete,  the desktop and the stuff in the bottom bar all disappear and the routine starts over again...and again... and again...well lets just say for the last 6-8 days,  and its still doing it now.  is this something that an old auto mechanic can fix or do i go find a guru?

again i apologize for the lack of proper wordage,  

thanks in advance

msj113

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:43 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Do you have all of your important data backed up to removable media, such as an external hdd, a cloud account, flash drive, DVDs, etc.?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 msj113

msj113
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:59 AM

i will get on that tonight,  then reply with make and model

thanks

#4 msj113

msj113
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:07 PM

make:hp

model: hp 2000 notebook pc

no the stuff is still in there,  cant get in between restarts to offload it

got cds right here to hand

i brought this sic lil pup in from the greenhouse to have it right by the old standby tower in the shop...

i am calling the operating system 8, 8.1 from memory.  there again cant get in between restarts

thanks

msj113

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users