Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Debian 8 Auto Login?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RK64

RK64

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:58 PM

Hey guys, I'm hoping to set up a machine as a home LAN server, I'm relatively new to Linux but I've been doing okay until now.

The way I want this to run is for everything to be managed through remote desktop, which is working fine. But if I want to start the machine I have to haul it all the way over to where my monitor and peripherals are, I'm being stopped at the login. Everything before and after that is automated.

It's currently Debian 8.2 with LXDE. I've tried editing /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf but it's not working so far. This is what I've currently done to it:

autologin-user=rk64
autologin-user-timeout=0

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

EDIT: Solved. I don't know how exactly, all I did was add a space before and after the =.

Edited by RK64, 18 January 2016 - 05:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users