Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Professional - Quickbooks Pro 2013 Error Code 3371

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 judyjht

judyjht

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:26 PM

I was working with Nasdaq here:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602025/not-sure-what-this-issue-is-maybe-malware-etc/

In the process a couple of important thing got messed up - most importantly is:

Kaspersky had to close (numerous times) because of a problem (don't know what) and I cannot get it to work.  I really need this to work.  I have no clue what the issue ie

Quickbooks Pro could not load license data. May be missing or damaged files.  I went to www.quickbooks.com/support/register.html but could not figure it out - Error Message 3371

I looked online and tried the QB Install Diagnostic Tool but it could not finish.  I think it is because I use XP.

Can someone please help??  Thanks so much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,295 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:11 PM

Have you tried uninstalling Kaspersky and reinstalling? After uninstalling use the Removal tool here and then reinstall. If you have a license file then back it up to a flash drive.

For Quickbooks you can call. Click on Fix an error and the telephone number will appear.

Edited by JohnC_21, 18 January 2016 - 09:11 PM.

#3 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:35 PM

Kaspersky is supposedly working on it - No clue!

Quickbooks - when I click on the word CALL - I see this

We're sorry, but something went wrong.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,643 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:47 PM

Judy,

The "call" link above works for me.  But, try this slightly shortened version of that link, https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#5 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:18 PM

I get the same error - weird

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,643 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:27 PM

Judy,

Then copy the link text and paste it into another web browser.  Something's clearly "not kosher" on your end if both of those links work as click-through for me but fail in the same way for you.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#7 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:33 PM

I tried Explorer and this is what I got:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.        
The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.   We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.   green_shield.pngClick here to close this webpage.   red_shield.pngContinue to this website (not recommended).     up.png More information

• If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
  • When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
  • If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

#8 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:36 PM

It opened in Chrome.  Thanks.  I'll see what I can find.  I am on hold with QB right now.

Fix an error is not one of the choices.  I tried something else and it does not go anywhere.

Edited by judyjht, 19 January 2016 - 02:39 PM.

#9 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:18 PM

UPDATE - well the woman at QB really screwed things up.  After taking over the computer she changed a bunch of things - who knows what now and I finally told her ti uninstall it and reinstall it and then  I'll use my recent backup.  That would not even work - she was not able to uninstall it so now I have no QB on my desktop.  Thank heavens I have it on my laptop so at least I can work!!

There are so many thing wrong I don't even know where to start!  I need a glass of wine to think about this before I do anything else. 

Edited by judyjht, 21 January 2016 - 04:20 PM.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,295 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:31 PM

Use Revo Uninstaller. It has a 30 day trial. This should remove Quickbooks so you can reinstall it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/revo-uninstaller/

#11 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:57 PM

Nope.  It cannot read the QB Registration.dat file.  It might be incomplete or damaged/    I told you she messed things up.  I get so many error messages on different things I don't know when the hell to start!

#12 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:59 PM

I did uninstall the Kaspersky which was messed p now I have to figure out how to reinstall it!

Carbonite is not even on the All programs list any more.

Edited by judyjht, 21 January 2016 - 05:00 PM.

#13 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,295 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:05 PM

I am not sure why QB support did but is it possible to do a System Restore to a date before QB took control of the computer?

#14 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:17 PM

well, if you remember it all started with the VSS being messed up and you tried like crazy to help with it but it just kept going back to 4 items failed.  I don't really know when to go back to.  One thing I know she disabled some things in the SERVICES section and one of them was Carbonite.  I did make an image before all this so maybe I should go back to that time.  So, would I lose everything after that date?  Thank goodness I have not been that busy with work.

The Carbonite buy was trying to help me get that going and it is not listed in the All Programs.  When you open the Services it it listed there which he thought was weird.  Then while he was online with me 2 icons disappeared from my desktop,a peogram opened when I did not do anything so I ran MalwareBytes and it only found 5 PUP items which I deleted so something else is going on.  I should probably get those things cleared up before I do anything - Right????  I just don't know what to tackle first.  If you have any thoughts let me know.  I hate using it online with no anti-software - I have all sorts of banking, password, QB financial info on it - it really makes me nervous.

Edited by judyjht, 21 January 2016 - 05:22 PM.

#15 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,295 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:27 PM

The first thing I would do is use your image and take it back to where it was before all this started since you don't know what was done by QB support and things are now worse. At least you know how to fix VSS if needed to run Carbonite. Don't worry about PUPs. That stands for Potentially Unwanted Programs and does not necessarily mean you are infected with malware. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users